Droid is the third best phone

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Topic title is misleading...

Should read:

Droid is the third best selling phone
My thoughts when reading the OP exactly. I think of this in terms of rappers. Sure, Lil Wayne's Tha Carter 3 sold 1 million+ albums it's first week while Eminem's The Relapse only sold some 600k. Does that mean Lil Wayne is a better rapper than Eminem? Not in a million years...

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Has anyone else considered the fact that most carriers sell Blackberrys?

If either the IPhone or Droid was offered by another carrier I think one would over come Blackberry.

Reaction score
Update: i just want to point out one more thing before MM shuts up..

Most of our rooted droids are pushing what... 800MHz?
you wanna know how fast the blackberry 8900 CPU is? 512MHz

(BlackBerry Curve 8900 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Hell some of us are murdering at 950MHz and even 1.0GHz! tearing up Iphone like our Droids were on Steroids! and your telling me their phone is faster and better than our droids?! Bull****!

EAT THAT!....Happy place.. =) lol

irishdroid

Reaction score
My wife has been bugging me for a smart phone. The Droid is far too advanced for her, so, I got her the bb curve. I hate that phone. She has had it for one day and I am going to persuade her to take it back. The web browsing is SLOW. I think that curve is harder to use than the android platform. I think a Eris Droid is coming soon to her. Once enough people see the potential of the android OS they will come to the same conclusion. People are paying 30 bucks a month extra for a web enabled device, the curve IMHO is web handicapped, slow, ugly browsing and a far cry from what I expect the web to look like.

I dont like how slow the eris is....but it is android so that is a good thing. Palm Pre Plus looks pretty slick, i've just heard it has issues.

My GF is not at all tech savvy and she has a Droid and loves it.

I thought about the palm pre for her but after talking to a few people they say it is buggy and I think it is windows and that has issue. I really want her to join the Droid army, but, it doesn't come in pink. Funny, we saw the commercial for the new motor device during the Superbowl. She be hatin on Megan "yummy pants" Fox so that's out!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else considered the fact that most carriers sell Blackberrys?

If either the IPhone or Droid was offered by another carrier I think one would over come Blackberry.

Agree! I left VZW to get an iPhone. However, due to AT&T's really poos service, I returned to VZW and Moto Droid.

Mike

gentlefury

Reaction score
My wife has been bugging me for a smart phone. The Droid is far too advanced for her, so, I got her the bb curve. I hate that phone. She has had it for one day and I am going to persuade her to take it back. The web browsing is SLOW. I think that curve is harder to use than the android platform. I think a Eris Droid is coming soon to her. Once enough people see the potential of the android OS they will come to the same conclusion. People are paying 30 bucks a month extra for a web enabled device, the curve IMHO is web handicapped, slow, ugly browsing and a far cry from what I expect the web to look like.

I dont like how slow the eris is....but it is android so that is a good thing. Palm Pre Plus looks pretty slick, i've just heard it has issues.

I thought about the palm pre for her but after talking to a few people they say it is buggy and I think it is windows and that has issue. I really want her to join the Droid army, but, it doesn't come in pink. Funny, we saw the commercial for the new motor device during the Superbowl. She be hatin on Megan "yummy pants" Fox so that's out!

Thats too bad because I think the Devour will be the chick droid.

irishdroid

Reaction score

Thats too bad because I think the Devour will be the chick droid.

Update, she think fox is hot. It was that Jolie chick she hates. When is the devour being released? Next 28 days I hope.