1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid is the third best phone

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Samckaz, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Samckaz

Samckaz New Member

2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Not too impressive IMHO.... The Curve and iPhone have been out way longer than the Droid.
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Yep... I'll wait till 2010 Q1 reports to make a determination. Even then it won't surprise me if the Droid (or any Moto) doesn't break the top three. The others have a MUCH larger customer base and a better name behind them (Moto has all but disappeared as an 'in' manufacturer over the last few years).
  4. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Droid came out mid Q4 while iPhone and BB were already out long before Q4 Wouldn't that technically make Droid #1??
  5. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Uh, sorry folks. Arguing that a phone enjoys an advantage because it's been in the market longer makes very little sense. Older models don't sell better; they are overtaken by newer models.

No doubt the BlackBerry brand name helps the Curve (and other BB models). But the reason that RIM dominates the "smart phone" market is that it provides solid support for business users. The fact that the Droid's support for Microsoft exchange is, ahem, less than stellar and that it's virtually impossible to secure access to email on the Droid are just two reasons that it's not yet ready for prime time as a business device.
  6. Briankbl

Briankbl Member

Topic title is misleading...

Should read:

Droid is the third best selling phone
  7. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Never said that...I simply meant the Droid had 2 months less of time being available for purchase....has nothing to do with recognition...it simply was available for half the time in Q4 which means if you take into account the time it wasn't available it would probably have been #1....I guess Q1 2010 results will be a better determination.

It would be like if they started showing iPad sales results now saying...Look! They haven't sold a single unit yet!! Clearly the competition is better!
  8. Samckaz

Samckaz New Member

Correct, but nowdays people are smart and educated when it comes to technology, so if it is a "best seller" it's the best phone.
  9. choklitcow

choklitcow New Member

I like it.
  10. Briankbl

Briankbl Member

The closest thing I have seen come to the Droid, performance-wise, is Chuck Norris...and even then...

*Gets round-house kicked*
  11. irishdroid

irishdroid New Member

My wife has been bugging me for a smart phone. The Droid is far too advanced for her, so, I got her the bb curve. I hate that phone. She has had it for one day and I am going to persuade her to take it back. The web browsing is SLOW. I think that curve is harder to use than the android platform. I think a Eris Droid is coming soon to her. Once enough people see the potential of the android OS they will come to the same conclusion. People are paying 30 bucks a month extra for a web enabled device, the curve IMHO is web handicapped, slow, ugly browsing and a far cry from what I expect the web to look like.
  12. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

I dont like how slow the eris is....but it is android so that is a good thing. Palm Pre Plus looks pretty slick, i've just heard it has issues.

My GF is not at all tech savvy and she has a Droid and loves it.
  13. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I don't care if they ever sold another Droid, it would still be the best phone for me.

Bugless Beast 7.4 at 950mhz
  14. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

MM1 Payne (US Navy) New Member

Woah! Hold on there sparky.. the most SOLD! not the best.. as much as i prefere the droid the iphone is still a sick phone compared to ANY blackberry. and the droids better than the iphone.
  15. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I've owned iPhone and Moto Droid. Droid is superior. Never owned a BB but we supported several and they were not reliable.

Mike
  16. JoeeDB

JoeeDB Member

My thoughts when reading the OP exactly. I think of this in terms of rappers. Sure, Lil Wayne's Tha Carter 3 sold 1 million+ albums it's first week while Eminem's The Relapse only sold some 600k. Does that mean Lil Wayne is a better rapper than Eminem? Not in a million years...
  17. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

Has anyone else considered the fact that most carriers sell Blackberrys?

If either the IPhone or Droid was offered by another carrier I think one would over come Blackberry.
  18. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

MM1 Payne (US Navy) New Member

Update: i just want to point out one more thing before MM shuts up..

Most of our rooted droids are pushing what... 800MHz?
    you wanna know how fast the blackberry 8900 CPU is? 512MHz

(BlackBerry Curve 8900 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Hell some of us are murdering at 950MHz and even 1.0GHz! tearing up Iphone like our Droids were on Steroids! and your telling me their phone is faster and better than our droids?! Bull****!

EAT THAT!....Happy place.. =) lol
  19. irishdroid

irishdroid New Member

I thought about the palm pre for her but after talking to a few people they say it is buggy and I think it is windows and that has issue. I really want her to join the Droid army, but, it doesn't come in pink. Funny, we saw the commercial for the new motor device during the Superbowl. She be hatin on Megan "yummy pants" Fox so that's out!
  20. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Agree! I left VZW to get an iPhone. However, due to AT&T's really poos service, I returned to VZW and Moto Droid.

Mike