Droid is having serious problems

Ryzearia

Reaction score
I instantly cleared all lag after unistalling AV, thanks guys!

Chillson

Reaction score
I just figured this out myself as well. After updating it today, my phone was just being so slow. And this was after the reboots and everything, so I uninstalled it, rebooted my phone and now everything is working great.

coldnorthmenace

Reaction score
Until there is an actualy PROBLEM with virii on a droidphone, I am not reinstalling AV. I had it installed because I was a droidn00b surfing the apps market. Knowing what I know now, there isn't a need for it, at least not yet. Hope that this helped everyone!

hjc4604

Reaction score
Droid problems, resets itself constantly

I have 2 Droids (Verizon). Bought both at the same time, they were both working fine. 2 days ago my wife said hers was dead. I charged it overnight and turned it on. It read 100%. But it turned itself off for no apparent reason and rebooted. Does this constantly. Power dropped quickly to 40% then suddenly 5%, then back up to 40%. I tried uninstalling apps especially the Anti-virus but it reboots midway. Read about others on another forum doing a reset with no improvement. Looking for answers. I thought about the battery problem but I believe it's a software problem. Antivirus says the phone is clean. I guess it's just glitchy apps. I locked my phone to keep my 14yo son from downloading more games and crap but she doesn't like any fuss, i.e. unlock codes. I'll try the reset, but it looks like I'll have to take it back. It won't dial out but can receive calls, resets in the middle of the call, even using speakerphone to avoid accidental screen touches. Mine seems to be working fine. I performed a hard reset of the phone. It seems to have fixed the problem. Lost the contacts but alot of them were restored through automatic syncs with e-mail, Facebook, etc. The Market reloaded all the apps I had automatically and allowed me to uninstall the useless junk. Got my fingers crossed but so far so good. Unfortunately Verizon's auto contact back-up doesn't work with the droid although I can download the list and go through it.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Delete Anti-virus software on your Droid. There aren't any known viruses for Android. You just wasting phone resources over paranoia :)

Chillson

Reaction score
Unless you download ROMs or other outside programs not in the Market Place.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unless you download ROMs or other outside programs not in the Market Place.
There are NO KNOWN viruses for Android platform... the only real fear is you can take a virus (which will sit dormant in the Android OS) and transfer them to PCs. That's where your concern should be :)

so save the phone resources, since you a virus isn't going to damage your Android handset, delete the anti-virus on the phone and just use your PCs anti-virus to scan files before you transfer, or as you transfer. Real time protection on your PC should be fine.

Last edited:

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
when i installed and then Updated the antivirus app my phone started to reboot itself every 5-10 seconds! One after another, over and over! i thought to myself what did i recently do to make it all the sudden act up? then i remembered i updated the antivirus app. i Uninstalled it and the phone never "crashed"/rebooted itself since..

RockinRealtor

Reaction score
My phone was lagging seriously, blacking out, completely freezing, making calls without me initiating, force closing every app and I was about to factory reset it until I read this thread. I uninstalled antivirus and that has seemed to work so far. The crazy part is, this just started happening yesterday morning when I woke up and I have had the antivirus installed for over a week. Weird. Anyway, thanks and I'll update if my Droid starts whacking out again without antivirus being installed. Thanks for the tip!

Olivia

Reaction score
Yea I found my problem was from the antivirus program also. After deleting it, no more lagging or rebooting.

RockingRelator - mine was the same way. I did not have problems with my antivirus at first for about a week or so, then everything starting acting up. Found a post on another thread about deleting the antivirus, and it worked like a charm.

payne555

Reaction score
that same thing happened with me andmy brother dowload an app called advanced task killer mine has worked way better since then and this app is totally free