Droid is having serious problems

painkille137

Reaction score
I downloaded the app Browser 3.0 by Layars or Layers. Im sure sure exactly what the app was called but it used the camera to find things you input such as FlickAR things or Wikipedia things. I had a reality mode i remember.

Even since i got it, my Droid has been lagging EXTREMELY bad. It freezes constantly and takes about 10 seconds to do anything on it. Also, the phone restarts about every 3 minutes. Uninstalling the app didn't help.

How can i help my phone?

allikanbe

Reaction score
I downloaded the app Browser 3.0 by Layars or Layers. Im sure sure exactly what the app was called but it used the camera to find things you input such as FlickAR things or Wikipedia things. I had a reality mode i remember.

Even since i got it, my Droid has been lagging EXTREMELY bad. It freezes constantly and takes about 10 seconds to do anything on it. Also, the phone restarts about every 3 minutes. Uninstalling the app didn't help.

How can i help my phone?
\
Did you try shutting down and removing the battery, replacing battery, and then rebooting?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
might have to sacrifice and uninstall Browser 3.0 or whatever it is.

coldnorthmenace

Reaction score
I had the same problems this morning, I uninstalled all the apps that updated this morning and still had the issue until I uninstalled antivirus, and reset the phone. I am currently writing this message from a droid that suffered the same problems, but hasn't for several hours now.

jev

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing when I updated antivirus also. After deleting and powering off and pulling the battery it finally stopped lagging and restarting.

SuGaR

Reaction score
I updated my antivirus today too, and about an hour later my phone started lagging really bad and wouldn't switch screens right. Also I started getting multiples of the same texts from people every 30 minutes or so.

I tried to make a phone call just a few minutes ago too and it wouldn't go out, so I logged on the forum to see if anyone was having the same problem, and as I expected other people were, so I uninstalled the anti virus and now it seems to be working fine and will make calls and isn't lagging.

Hope that helps anyone!

autumnsky

Reaction score
Hurray! I was able to get through my download page loading and uninstalled the antivirus. Unbelievable. But the droid is working perfectly again.
So glad I found you guys! Thanks.:icon_ banana:

SandsUSA

Reaction score
Why does anyone use an AV product on their phone? Has there been any documented cases of a virus spreading on an Android phone? Just askin'...

OP
P

painkille137

Reaction score
Uninstalling Antivirus and resetting my phone fixed all my lagging and freezing problems.