Droid + iPad pwns 3GS + iPad

jkwakopo

Reaction score
funny story, I have an iPad (wifi) and a Droid (rooted)... This other dude had iPhone 3GS with iPad (wifi)... We were at this Subway nearby Virginia Tech campus. While I was using my iPad with Droid's Wi Fi Tether ( moment I truly cherished for picking up Moto Droid over 3GS!), he was using his iPhone to surf the web (poor guy lol), and an iPad without 3g or any wifi hot spot, is useless... He comes over and asks me how da **** I'm using the internet and also wanted to know if I was able to pick up iPad 3g or something before the release lol(not an Apple SW engineer, can't do that lol, although I won't lose my protype iPhone 4g if I was Apple employee). I said, "I got a Moto Droid which also can be my wifi hot spot as long as I got my 3g and it's free!!!" He looked at me like wtf and said, "I don't even have 3g here right now" I told him he can use my wifi if he wanted and I showed him how it is done... He was simply speechless and amazed by how easy it was.You all should have seen his face lol... Priceless!

rcfx

Reaction score
Good story! Maybe you converted him!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
jkwakopo

jkwakopo

Reaction score
Good story! Maybe you converted him!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nah he was a fanboy, with iPad, iphone 3gs, and he also tole me he got a Core 2 Macbook Pro. I'm little bit different, I'm the kind of person who likes to try out different things. I got a desktop with Unix/Winxp , Sony Vaio laptop with Win 7, and an iPad. He also used my Moto Droid for few mins and he was really impressed with it... I just don't understand the fan boyism but I did enlightened an Apple fan boy to a new OPEN world!!

Sitruss

Reaction score
It's just my opinion, but I believe that the tight hardware integration and UI make the iPhone OS a better choice for the everyday user.

drowe

Reaction score
It's just my opinion, but I believe that the tight hardware integration and UI make the iPhone OS a better choice for the everyday user.

I think you are right. It is just like my users at work, "I don't know what the program is, I just click the red and green icon....." Very simple phone, each icon does one thing, and if you want to do something else, "I've got to find an app for that...." Truly the Fisher-Price of phones.

mkzbdroid

Reaction score
funny story, I have an iPad (wifi) and a Droid (rooted)... This other dude had iPhone 3GS with iPad (wifi)... We were at this Subway nearby Virginia Tech campus. While I was using my iPad with Droid's Wi Fi Tether ( moment I truly cherished for picking up Moto Droid over 3GS!), he was using his iPhone to surf the web (poor guy lol), and an iPad without 3g or any wifi hot spot, is useless... He comes over and asks me how da **** I'm using the internet and also wanted to know if I was able to pick up iPad 3g or something before the release lol(not an Apple SW engineer, can't do that lol, although I won't lose my protype iPhone 4g if I was Apple employee). I said, "I got a Moto Droid which also can be my wifi hot spot as long as I got my 3g and it's free!!!" He looked at me like wtf and said, "I don't even have 3g here right now" I told him he can use my wifi if he wanted and I showed him how it is done... He was simply speechless and amazed by how easy it was.You all should have seen his face lol... Priceless!

I think this post needs to get mailed to steve jobs just so you can say you slapped him in the face for all of his "innovation", haha no flash, no apple for me sorry jobs I dont like being censored and if I did I would move to China!!!

OP
jkwakopo

jkwakopo

Reaction score

I think you are right. It is just like my users at work, "I don't know what the program is, I just click the red and green icon....." Very simple phone, each icon does one thing, and if you want to do something else, "I've got to find an app for that...." Truly the Fisher-Price of phones.
I do agree. This iPad puts my 1.2 ghz droid to shame. So much snappier it's even faster than my gf,s 3GS. But I do love Android's open source, nice to have some freedom. I do have to admit my droid is basically a wifi hotspot for my iPad these days...

rcfx

Reaction score

Haha! LOL! The Fisher-Price of phones, my boys are gonna get a good laugh on that one cause they're always calling the iphone a 'toy!' and the droid a computer!