Droid internet Pinch zoom problems

kutster

Reaction score
I to just got the Best Buy Incredible on Friday, had the pinch to zoom issue and went in today about it. The guy told me it seems to be a problem with the new shipment of Incredible and to wait till the last week before the 30 day exchange period is up and go in to exchange it. He stated it seems to not be all of the devices but seems to be a goo portion of them.

OP
R

rubydash2

Reaction score
So today I went to best buy to see if they could exchange my Droid and they did. This one so far has no problems, knock on wood.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

DuoWing

Reaction score
I'm envious of you guys who got the phone exchanged for one with no issues. Like I said, I went through 3 of them before finally switching to the Fascinate.

Digginit

Reaction score
What happened to the incredible pinch to zoom and jump to?

Okay, I just received a replacement Incredible from Verizon after bricking my last one. My last one was an SLCD and had no problems with my pinch to zoom, but my replacement has the pinch zoom issue. I will also note, besides the in web problems with it, I have a problem when pinching on the home screen to "jump to". It freezes up with a partial preview of my home screens and i have to hit power to darken the screen and then again to be able to use the device. After noticing this I got a 2nd replacement from Verizon...:)...and it freezes too :-(

kutster

Reaction score
I havent been able to get out of town yet to get a replacement for mine. Sounds like they haven't gotten new Incredibles without the problem in yet. >.<

OP
R

rubydash2

Reaction score
I have a friend who works in a BestBuy and he told me that he thinks they are "working through a defective batch of merchandise". My best guess would be to wait a few weeks for them to recieve different ones and return it or try a different store? Goodluck all

kutster

Reaction score
Rudy that is what Best Buy told me too after about half an hour of troubleshooting and a new phone with the same issue. He went online and saw that it did seem to be an issue. He did offer to go through phone after phone after phone till we found one without the problem but I had limited time and he suggested to wait several weeks.

kutster

Reaction score
This thread seems to be a bit dead. I just wanted to let those people still having issues with this, that I went to Best Buy today and the guy pulled out one of the newly shipped Incredibles, activated it, and it worked smoothly. Tested it with the multi touch tester app and also reads both fingers on the screen perfectly. I hope everyone else will be able to get theirs replaced soon :)

madman49

Reaction score
Stuck in zoom mode

I have this problem on my Dinc that I bought on 16DEC10. I'm glad i found this topic because it has been driving me nuts. I'm going to exchange it at Best Buy this weekend. Also considering getting the X for the bigger screen - we'll see. Thanks for the help all.

squirrelonfire

Reaction score
Okay, I just received a replacement Incredible from Verizon after bricking my last one. My last one was an SLCD and had no problems with my pinch to zoom, but my replacement has the pinch zoom issue. I will also note, besides the in web problems with it, I have a problem when pinching on the home screen to "jump to". It freezes up with a partial preview of my home screens and i have to hit power to darken the screen and then again to be able to use the device. After noticing this I got a 2nd replacement from Verizon...:)...and it freezes too :-(

And this is why I am not exchanging it. Chances are I will just end up with another one with the exact problem. I am getting this phone because it's free at Best Buy. Otherwise, I will just stay with crappy AT&T.

kutster

Reaction score
It's not a specific pinch to zoom problem. It is a defect with how the screen more than one finger. So it is a multi touch problem. By playing with a muti touch testing app you can see the screen when you use 2 fingers at once then take them off the screen thinks your fingers are there. This is every where on the phone, not just the internet.

You fan easily test your replacement phones by playing with it to see if it continues to have the issue. If it does have them exchange it again right there. Or download the multi touch tester app and see if it has the issue and if so show the store rep, better yet show the store manager. I went into best buy in the state of mind even if we try every Dinc they had in the store, I was gonna get somewhere with getting a working phone. Though Best Buy did state if they couldn't get me a working one they would continue to try even after the 30 day period was over.

mswierse

Reaction score
I just got two Dinc from the Verizon store and mine is doing this same thing... my wifes is not. Guess I'm going to have to exchange it.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
This is definitely a new and strange issue... I've had my phone since April 29th and haven't experienced that issue before... I hope someone finds a fix for it, otherwise exchanging at Verizon seems like the best idea.

mswierse

Reaction score
That's s crap shoot too, that's where I just got one bad one one good one.

SPowell42

Reaction score
I bought HTC Incredibles about two weeks ago from a local Verizon store and also had this issue. Returned them today for two new ones, both are good.

Scott