Droid internet Pinch zoom problems

rubydash2

Reaction score
I'm using the Droid incredible and am having pinch to zoom problems in all my internet apps. Every time I go to pinch zoom on a webpage it gets stuck in pinch zoom mode and no matter what I click on or where I click with my finger it keeps zooming in and out. First of all what's causing that? And how should I fix it?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Mitchellpaul

Reaction score
Are you double tapping? Double tapping zooms in/out. If you just tap once then it shouldn't be a problem.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How often do you reboot your phone and clean your screen?

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Btw, welcome...to DroidForums!! :)

DroidForums junkie!!

DuoWing

Reaction score
Hey guys I just signed up here. Just getting into Android phones/Smartphones for the first time. I've been wanting to get one and it was time to upgrade and I saw that bestbuy had the free renewal/upgrade deal on the Incredible so I went for it. I'm having the exact same problem. It's kind of random but alot of times the phone will act as if I still have two fingers on the screen. It's really frustrating when browsing etc. I went and returned the phone and got another one and it's doing the same thing. I'm beginning to wonder if this happens to be an issue with shipments that went out to BestBuy? The issues I'm seeing with this that I can find through google searches are all very recent postings within the past week and I can't seem to find any other mention of this issue which makes me think this is something new that's shown up.

Anyway here's a good example I was getting in the car and set the phone on the seat I guess as I went to pick it up I managed to get two pressure points on the screen when I was at my home screen. So I try to slide around and it's acting like I'm in the pinch-to-zoom mode and keeps trying to zoom in/out on the home screen. I can't hit any of the Home, Menu, Back, or Search buttons because it's acting like I have one finger still on the screen. I'll have to then double tap the screen once or twice, sometimes more to get it to then stop registering that I have two fingers on the screen and go back to normal. This is really frustrating. Same thing happens when web browsing, viewing pictures on facebook, etc.

I love the Incredible, but I'm not loving this issue. I'm thinking I will take it back to Best Buy one more time. This will be my fourth phone. I'm still in the 30 days, so I'm wondering if I should look into another phone or if I should call Verizon and see if I can exchange it through them?

I downloaded some of those multitouch test apps from the marketplace to test the phone out and it will randomly not register me lifting both fingers at times. I can tap the screen all day rapidly, slide around, etc with one finger and it never has an issue, but when I get to two something just doesn't always go right.

Any advice from you guys on this matter?

OP
R

rubydash2

Reaction score
I don't really reboot that often but I just got it like 3 days ago from best buy. I'm wondering if I should take it back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Danrarbc

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in on the problem, I also got the incredible on Friday to replace my OG Droid and have this exact issue with multitouch. It does not matter what ROM or kernel is running, Sense or ASOP, s-on or s-off. I had the problem as I was driving home

It'll be interesting to see if an exchange can resolve this or if it's a larger issue.

trackready

Reaction score
THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR! Just picked up the DINC earlier today for my wife. Also got it from bestbuy b/c of their free DINC upgrade offer. Immediately I started having issues. If I am in the browser "pinch zooming" it will not scroll afterwards, like I still have 1 finger on the screen after release. It will just continue to zoom in and out. This has happened outside of the browser also. When this is happening none of the main buttons along the bottom will function either. At first I thought it might be the TPU hybrid case touching the side of the screen, I popped that off and rebooted... made no difference. Was going to get an exchange at bestbuy tomorrow, now I am just considering coughing up the money and getting another phone.

Last edited:

trackready

Reaction score
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Verizon support, no surprise they have not heard of this issue. I am really weary of this phone now, don't want to be stuck with it for 2 years with some strange new issue. Anyone think this has anything to do with going to Sony Super LCD from OLED?

Danrarbc

Reaction score
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Verizon support, no surprise they have not heard of this issue. I am really weary of this phone now, don't want to be stuck with it for 2 years with some strange new issue. Anyone think this has anything to do with going to Sony Super LCD from OLED?
I don't think its a screen issue. SLCD models have sold for months, this is much more recent. As if they switched touch input controllers and the drivers aren't compatible.

trackready

Reaction score
Posted a youtube video with a link to this thread.
[video=youtube;mJHaFJb4-1A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJHaFJb4-1A[/video]

DuoWing

Reaction score
Well I returned my phone. I was debating trying one more which would have been my fourth. Instead I decided to try out the Fascinate. I have to say I actually really like the phone. I installed LauncherPro, bought Beautiful widgets, removed bing and have the phone setup actually pretty close to the incredible. Aside from the intermittent GPS issue it's actually a really nice phone. I will miss the incredible though. The Fascinates better battery life is a nice plus. Perhaps in the future I'll have to see if they fix this issue otherwise I may try and get ahold of an older used incredible.

Last edited:

trackready

Reaction score
UPDATE: Exchanged phone today for another DINC, so far so good. Multi-touch working perfectly and installing same app I used in video now keeps both multi-touch entries smooth like the droid-x

Danrarbc

Reaction score
UPDATE: Exchanged phone today for another DINC, so far so good. Multi-touch working perfectly and installing same app I used in video now keeps both multi-touch entries smooth like the droid-x
That's good news. Hope I have that experience. Then I can get down to finding the rom for me.

squirrelonfire

Reaction score
I have similar but more severe problem. My incredible is stuck at zooming mode while surfing Internet and navigating through home screen. The only way for me to get out is to lock and unlock the phone. Sometimes, I had to do this 2-3 times. It's very annoying but I can't return this phone b/c it is the only Verizon droid phone being given away for free at Best Buy !