Droid Incredible User.........with a problem :(

ShadowUlcer

Reaction score
Hi, I'm ShadowUlcer (stupid name, I know, but I just thought of it). I've had a variety of droid phones since May of this year, started with an Eris, and now have an Incredible, which I finally up and Rooted last night.

And THIS is why I'm actually here. I'll make a thread for it somewhere else and link it here, but I'd might as well ask right off the bat.

The first new ROM that I installed and tried to use caused a problem apparently, (irony, neh?) because now my phone is what I assume to be a boot loop. Since, it restarts, gets to the red droid eye of Satan, then restarts again repeating this process until the end of days.

I can get into the recovery menu, by holding down the joystick and the power button, but I don't know what to do after that, do I "apply sdcard:update.zip", which it tells me that I can't undo if I choose to do so (therefore making me paranoid)? Or is there something else I'm supposed to do?

Anyway, hi! My real name's Josh, feel free to call me whatever, and I'm happy to finally decide to join up here.

Thread Link, even though I really just copy pasted

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well when flashing roms you have to do a factory reset or you will end up in a bootloop as you have now found the hard way. At this point your best option is to boot into recovery and do a factory reset now. It will clear out all apps but will allow the phone to boot up. When you boot up and activate the phone you will sync with your gmail acct and all of your apps should start tl download again. In the future you can use an all called titanium backup to backup all your apps before doing a factory reset.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

ShadowUlcer

Reaction score
Well when flashing roms you have to do a factory reset or you will end up in a bootloop as you have now found the hard way. At this point your best option is to boot into recovery and do a factory reset now. It will clear out all apps but will allow the phone to boot up. When you boot up and activate the phone you will sync with your gmail acct and all of your apps should start tl download again. In the future you can use an all called titanium backup to backup all your apps before doing a factory reset.

tappin and a talkin

I already have TB, and I backed everything up on it, as well as with the Clockwork backup that came with the ROM Manager.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok then boot up in to recovery and do a factory reset and once the phone boots up then restore everything with titanium.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

ShadowUlcer

Reaction score
Okay, tried wiping everything, and the only thing that changed was, instead of making it all the way to the red eye before starting over again, my phone only makes it to where it shows all the features in the red lettering stuff, before restarting again.

However, what I DID find was my restore points that I had set up before trying to install the new ROM, so I'm restoring it to that point right now, so we can see what happens.

EDIT: okay restore point worked. I'm good to go.