droid incredible signal issues

cris

Reaction score
hello guys, back in January i switched over to verizon and got a droid incredible, everything has been good till 2 months ago. first phone started getting hot and wouldnt charge, verizon sent me a free battery, no change, then a phone. that worked ok. the second phone wouldnt get a signal, it would show no bars and switch between 1x and 3g all the time no matter where i was at. so i went thru there tech help, nothen worked. so they replaced it again. the third phone, which i have now, has the same signal issue, and also a crackly speaker, so i took the battery out, did a factory reset, re programed the phone, still no signal. verizon is sending me a 4th one out this week. is there something wrong with the phone or am i not just setting it up right?? any thoughts.

i have a usb 727 aircard it shows all 5 bars next to my phone with shows 0. so im stumped.

emacpgh

Reaction score
I'm also on phone number 4(dinc). All blown speakers. Now I'm having connection issues. I love the phone when it's working properly, which seems to be rare lately.

OP
C

cris

Reaction score
well got the new phone today. same thing no signal inside or outside the house, i even drove the 5 miles to the tower and nothen. idk what else to do.

jock.mjj

Reaction score
I started having signal dropouts a month into buying my incredible s. Thought it was Vodafone but after wiping the connectors for the antenna in the back cover its been fine. Make sure the back cover is snapped on properly and the gold connectors in the back cover is clean.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using DroidForums

OP
C

cris

Reaction score
umm, what gold connector, the only one i see is for the battery?? and the cover is just a piece of plastic that snaps on. got some pics?

jock.mjj

Reaction score
Have you got an incredible s?

OP
C

cris

Reaction score
no the first droid incredible with android 2.2

jock.mjj

Reaction score
Sorry wrong phone. Incredible s antenna in the back cover.

OP
C

cris

Reaction score
its showing o bars with a signal strength of -103dbm

OP
C

cris

Reaction score
been a while since i got the phone, signal is spotty at best no matter where i go. some areas its ok then 5 feet its dead. so im gonna get a different phone when i can afford it.

jock.mjj

Reaction score
Are you signed in to latitude by any chance. I signed out of mine and I think its rectified my signal dropping

OP
C

cris

Reaction score
no i dont use latitude. it dont work anyways with no signal lol.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Have you tried dialing *228 and updating your PRL? (option 2)

Sent from my 2.3.4 Incredible Obsession

OP
C

cris

Reaction score
I have done the *228 thing many times and in many places including major cities near me. No change in signal strength and continues to drop calls and randomly reboots during calls or just sitting. Iv do.e resets and wiping it out and restoring it. No change. This is my 5th phone now. Same issues but now along wirh signal the data wont work no matter what i do. Im guessing its a network issue

OP
C

cris

Reaction score
is the PRL supossed to change or something. my phone has rebooted 4 times with in a hour, my prl is still the same 52341?