Droid Incredible S (2) official release?

iOSfails

Reaction score
I have talked to the majority of the sales associates at the VZW stores where I live and they either had no idea about the release date or had never even heard of the phone. So I'm turning to the Android community. Is there an official release date for the Incredible S yet? (In the US, I know its already out overseas)

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Somewhere it was put out on this site that it'll be out in a couple of week.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Ah yes, I found it. It was leaked. Also shows launch dates for the Charge and the Xperia. However it does say "launch dates subject to change" and knowing VZW, that's probably going to happen :/

MrNiceGuy

Reaction score
i'd say there is less than a zero chance of a new incredible hitting the market anytime soon.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I have talked to the majority of the sales associates at the VZW stores where I live and they either had no idea about the release date or had never even heard of the phone. So I'm turning to the Android community. Is there an official release date for the Incredible S yet? (In the US, I know its already out overseas)

Please remember these sales associates tell you to install task killers to fix all of your Android problems, as well. :D

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Well that's good to hear then. I love that phone, its so nice looking. Well to me it is..

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Oh I think it's going to be a great phone. I'm still considering it to replace my existing Inc. I like the idea of the 4" screen instead of the 4.3" and the better battery life of 3G. Watching release information closely, but I think it will hit the 21st. If the Charge hits the 14th, it shows the Verizon Roadmap is real and updated and the Inc2 will be a done deal. At least in my opinion.

Keep in mind, Verizon employees didn't know a thing about the iPhone or weren't allowed to say it until Verizon corporate released the info.

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Indeed, I like the idea of the 4'' screen as well and I don't get 4G in my area so there's no need for an LTE phone.

That does make sense about the sales associates. But why all the confidentiality? Just tell us so we don't get frustrated and impatient.

I would've got the iPhone (aka iFail) on VZW if I hadn't seen what kind of a person it turned all my friends into. Plus, it's the same old Apple iOS. Never changes much and its revolting to say the least.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Be nice. The iPhone does have its own benefits and is a very nice phone in its own right. That's what my wife carries now. And make no mistake, a jailbroken iPhone is a very powerful device.

They are secretive because they don't want to tip off other carriers and honestly because the release dates can be so volatile. It would be a nightmare for the associates to have to constantly update release dates.

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Indeed, its hardware is quite admirable but that's about it. I just don't like iOS. Even jailbroken they're probably not as customizable or versatile as an Android phone. Still, it's all about preference I guess.

Well put. That would be rather tedious for them. I can see how that might cause some issues as well.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Its a world phone too just like the d2g

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums