Droid Incredible Questions

bfederroll

Reaction score
I live in Maryland and have the Droid Incredible. This is my first smartphonhe and I'm totally lost. I need lots of help. Verizon offers free lessons and I've taken one and will be taking more but I thought I could get the basics about the phone from this site. For instance, how do I get bettr battery life. Mine is about 4-6 hrs. with minimal use. Also, I finally figured out how to enter my speed dial numbers but now I can't get to them without going through 3 steps; i.e, menu, speed dial, hit number. It's just as easy to go to the contacts list.

How do I turn off an app if I'm not using it. Won't that save battery life? I have a list of questions.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
First :welcome: to the Forum

We are far superior in knowledge than any VZW training seminar, although it is very cool that they offer that

As far as better battery life, if Verizon installed a taks killer (which they usually do) uninstall it, it is not needed and just uses up resources and battery, as far as those background apps they are not running they are "frozen" causing no harm at all, it is best if you let the system worry about those

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
And as far as the quick dial if you "long press" on an empty spot on a homescreen a menu will pop-up choose "add" "widget" "people" and this should place a quick contact widget on your homescreen for easy access

OP
B

bfederroll

Reaction score
Droid Incredible

Thanks for the info regarding the battery. You are correct, Verizon did install Task Killer. They told me I should have it. So I should just delete it and I will have better battery life?

Beemo125

Reaction score
Smartphones are full of radios and transmitters that run in the background and drain battery power. I find that I can get about 2 days' worth of battery life simply by turning off the GPS, Wi-Fi, and location services that I'm not using. There are convenient apps for switching these off with just one touch and are pre-installed on my Incredible by HTC. Look for apps with little switches on them.