Droid Incredible OTA Update Rolling Out

drtnsnw

Reaction score
still waiting on my download. Heard it fixes the issue of dropping music on BT when a call comes in. This really sucks streaming pandora into my helmet, get a call then have to stop the bike and restart the music.

Chris

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This whole update roll out for the Incredible has caused far less conversation then any other roll out I've seen. Is it because it's an insignificant roll out or are people just talking about it in the Droid Incredible Forum more then here?

Jamar

Reaction score
I got my update last night and it seems to have messed up my phone. My apps don't want to load data anymore and my home screens keep messing up--the HTC logo flashes every few times I swipe between my home screens, and then I have to wait for it to load as if I had just turned my phone on.

Whatever they wanted to accomplish with this update didn't work for me!:icon_evil:

wmnomore

Reaction score
^might have to root it and roll back to previous update. Well, that's what i would do.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, all that it needs is a factory data reset. That should clear up any issues after an OTA update.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
No, all that it needs is a factory data reset. That should clear up any issues after an OTA update.

Hmmm, so what you're saying Hook is that if it appears on my phone (the update), I accept it - there's no way to refuse these things, right? And I need SPRecovery to make the installation fail, which isn't available for the Dinc - then do a complete wipe, and reinstall my custom rom? Is it confirmed that the update will cause my Dinc. to become unrooted?
-Mike

Jas O

Reaction score
I recieved the OTA update last night, I hit install, but nothing happened. I grabbed acopy for manual installation. Saved update.zip to sd card. power down get to menu chose recovery mode, but won't move past white HTC incredible screen to black screens. Any ideas??? Help?

dtnodya

Reaction score
Is there any way to make the update stop prompting for install? Root, dinc, stock 2.2 ROM.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This whole update roll out for the Incredible has caused far less conversation then any other roll out I've seen. Is it because it's an insignificant roll out or are people just talking about it in the Droid Incredible Forum more then here?

We're definitely talking about this OTA- and ALL things Incredible!- over at IncredibleForum.com Come join us!