Droid Incredible or wait with NE2

eddie33081

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

New member but been lurking a while :). Anyway. I've had the droid since December and my NE2 came up on my other line in March. Was wondering what you thoughts were of getting the Incredible now and selling the droid as it still has a high resell value to pay for my Incredible?

Is there any phone coming very soon that I should wait for? My upgrade for my Primary would then be September of 2011. Approximately a year from this upgrade.

let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

New member but been lurking a while :). Anyway. I've had the droid since December and my NE2 came up on my other line in March. Was wondering what you thoughts were of getting the Incredible now and selling the droid as it still has a high resell value to pay for my Incredible?

Is there any phone coming very soon that I should wait for? My upgrade for my Primary would then be September of 2011. Approximately a year from this upgrade.

let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

If you want a keyboard, I would wait for the Droid 2 honestly. It is kinda iffy on the release date though. I've heard August, since big red is planning on 2 android handsets this summer, and I've heard the holidays. There is also the 4.1 Moto Shadow w/ MotoBlur which should be this summer.

Which every you choose, either the Droid 2/Shadow later or the Incredible now, you will most likely be happy with what you get!

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I'd definately wait. If you buy the incredible it will be old news in a couple months. Phones like the Droid 2 and Shadow are going to blow any other phone away. And who knows what other devices will be out this holiday season?MAybe a 1ghz+ phone with a 4.3" screen with sense ui and android 3.0? Plus with four 4g phones coming out by march(i think) next year, it's definately worth the wait! The Motorola Droid is still a VERY high end smartphone after being on the market for 7 months. If you don't wait to wait for better phones to come out, get the incredible. If you don't mind waiting a little, you will not regret it.

OP
E

eddie33081

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I think I might wait then. From what I heard though the Shadow's processing power is much better then our current droid OC'ed but it does have a bigger screen though.

The keyboard is not a big factor for me. I have yet to Root my phone as I am worried about resell value after rooting it.

Are people able to get it back to stock after rooting?

Thanks again.

banderbe

Reaction score
Returning to stock is easy. I use RSD Lite and an SBF image file. Voila.

wexplex

Reaction score
Hi all. Just joined the forum today. Don't mean to jack the thread but I was wondering your guys thoughts. I'm looking to get a droid (dont have one) and am thinking of getting the incredible but with the shadow and droid 2 coming out soon I'm conflicted. A keyboard does not matter to me at all. Is the shadow and droid 2 going to be that much better than the incredible? I was looking to get the phone by August. Thanks!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not trying to be rude but you should Google it, you'll get the same info much faster. Shadow and the Droid 2 are rumored to come out within the next couple months or so, possibly next month.

wexplex

Reaction score
I have been doing research online. I was asking whether to wait to see what people of thought based on their incredible use and the up coming releases. I havent read much to think the new phones are going to be that much better so I figured a droid forum would help with thinking this decision out.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you haven't already, research into what is Sense UI, how it works, how it looks, and how you use it. If you decide that you want a phone with Sense UI, get the Incredible, there probably won't be another Sense phone coming to Verizon in a while. If you don't want/care for Sense, wait for the Shadow/Droid 2