Droid Incredible In Hands...

OP
G

GodDriven

Reaction score
Pretty sure my Droid had better battery life...Incredible seems to blow through a battery pretty quickly...

Other than that, it seems every single thing that was wrong on Droid has been fixed and improved on Incredible. Hands down a perfect phone.

You know whats funny.. I say the same sort of now.. I see that if you shut down the gps of course life is much much longer.. your weather and all still functions since thats built into rosie.. and come one, who uses g-maps like a hound.. besides to show off street view and leave people dumb founded.. LoL :icon_ banana: With the battery in mind.. I have noticed that it charges rather fast.. Like i say about hour and half and full.. I think the droid was 2 and dear lord, nexus was like a football game event and then it would go ding like a cake..

Another funny thing.. Be happy fellow Droidians.. Be grateful for the few days.. Cause we can still sort of say we have " it in hands"..

HTC DROID Incredible sold out, new orders ship May 4th Boy Genius Report

BionicBigJames

Reaction score
My Droid Incredible arrived this morning at 10am via FedEx. I woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep, b/c I was so excited. I was like a kid on Christmas morning and was obsessively tracking my order online up until I got it. lol. I must say, this phone DEFINITELY lives up to its name!! It is truly an amazing piece of technology. This is my very first Android device and had been an iPhone 3g user prior to the Incredible. HOLY MOLY, what a difference! The two are not even comparable and am so glad to be out of Apple & AT&T's greedy clutches.

What I love most about this phone is how smooth and extremely snappy it is. I already have all of my homescreens full of widgets as well as the live wallpaper and I have yet to witness even the slightest lag. With my iPhone, lag was an every day occurrence that frustrated me to no end.

The camera and camcorder are both awesome. There were a just a few WTFs like the miniUSB cable not fitting easily into the phone and the lack of a native video app (though most Android users are apparently familiar with). I found the SenseUI over Android to be beautiful, though time will tell on whether or not it will prevent to ability to upgrade firmware in the future. If that is in fact the case, I personally think it is worth it. The SenseUI isn't necessarily what sold me on getting this device, but it definitely had a huge hand in it as it just really ties everything together.

I am not sure about battery life and probably won't know until after tomorrow. I'm giving it its first full charge right now. I'm going in expecting it to be pretty short though. I'll post more info when I find out. Oh, boy I'm so in love!!! I literally feel like I'm on a high right now. lol. I'm so happy I pre-ordered this bad boy. WOO HOO!
:heart::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::heart:

OP
G

GodDriven

Reaction score
My Droid Incredible arrived this morning at 10am via FedEx. I woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep, b/c I was so excited. I was like a kid on Christmas morning and was obsessively tracking my order online up until I got it. lol. I must say, this phone DEFINITELY lives up to its name!! It is truly an amazing piece of technology. This is my very first Android device and had been an iPhone 3g user prior to the Incredible. HOLY MOLY, what a difference! The two are not even comparable and am so glad to be out of Apple & AT&T's greedy clutches.

What I love most about this phone is how smooth and extremely snappy it is. I already have all of my homescreens full of widgets as well as the live wallpaper and I have yet to witness even the slightest lag. With my iPhone, lag was an every day occurrence that frustrated me to no end.

The camera and camcorder are both awesome. There were a just a few WTFs like the miniUSB cable not fitting easily into the phone and the lack of a native video app (though most Android users are apparently familiar with). I found the SenseUI over Android to be beautiful, though time will tell on whether or not it will prevent to ability to upgrade firmware in the future. If that is in fact the case, I personally think it is worth it. The SenseUI isn't necessarily what sold me on getting this device, but it definitely had a huge hand in it as it just really ties everything together.

I am not sure about battery life and probably won't know until after tomorrow. I'm giving it its first full charge right now. I'm going in expecting it to be pretty short though. I'll post more info when I find out. Oh, boy I'm so in love!!! I literally feel like I'm on a high right now. lol. I'm so happy I pre-ordered this bad boy. WOO HOO!
:heart::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::heart:

Well, The dancing bananas are hilarious.. The hearts are appreciated and thanks for stopping in my thread to show the love.. I see you we're just like me though.. I had mine done through a friend who works for ADP in which they process payroll and etc for big red.. No patience, and I had to pull the longest and most twined strings of all.. hence having it before the SD cards were even thought of to be included.. And of course before even Engadget and etc had theirs..

I have no issues.. In which you will not either.. I promise.. I own a Condo in Florida and the service is just the same as it is here in Jersey.. One thing you will notice and there is nothing to be worried of.. Is the signal bars.. They will differ.. Like mostly you will sit on 2bars and then maybe none.. LoL.. It's cool this seems to be an HTC thing.. I have spoken to the Developers and this should be looked at.. It's an issue with the Modem, as freaking usual, like the N1 and the Desire.. They get everything right but the damn modem.. LoL..

I hope you were able to get some sleep last night, rest, chill and rewind.. The more relaxed you are the more recpetive you are to Android as an OS.. You sort need to pay attention HARD the first time.. and then it's butter.. Now, the power, It seems to charge INSANELY fast, and just as so it dis-charges.. But.. I figured why, SHUT OFF THE DAM GPS.. LoL.. :icon_ banana: This will change your consumption to nothing almost.. Any apps that use location, Browser, Maps, Search and etc.. should be shut down too.. We really don't use these until it's activated.. Well, as a 24 Bachelor, future Lyricist, Java Programmer and Business and Technology Certified Individual, I can AGREE.. That you can see where they wanted this to be more of a Device.. and not just another installment. Remember ladies and gents.. Your Android is intimate.. It does everything for you..

It can take you to the far ends of the Earth with G-Maps.. It can tell you the closest healthiest food stop, with Google Local search, now with Pages.. It can tell you who's calling and text's and emails.. with Drivesafe.ly in the Market.. and of course it can save your life faster in the event of an emergency, due to its Nasa Approved Location Services..

K, guys and "Gal", i wish you all the best and oh, Moto is releasing the 4.3 android for Verizon on June 29 - July 29, 2010.. But.. you dint hear that from me..

GD