Droid Incredible FREE at Wirefly with Verizon upgrade or new account.

fis

Reaction score
Wirefly Anniversary Sale
DROID Incredible on sale for FREE with a 2-year Verizon agreement. Straight up.

LINK

More specifically, the price is:
$0.00 for new lines of service
$0.00 for family plan add-a-lines
$0.00 for individual plan upgrades
$0.00 for family plan/primary line upgrades
$49.99 for family plan/non-primary line upgrades

As with all Wirefly deals:
- a 2-year agreement is required
- Upgrade prices require full eligibility from Verizon (no "early upgrades")
- Upgrade prices are not always available with the cheaper (under $50) plans
- eBayers beware: You must keep the phone you ordered on the contract for at least six months or else you get two early termination fees.

Last edited:

Orionalias

Reaction score
best buy will match this price if you ask them too...i'm getting mine IN STORE on friday.

scottzilla

Reaction score
I called Verizon on this (I paid $325 OTD for my Incredible) and asked them why they are screwing their customers, etc. They basically told me to go pound sand.

OP
F

fis

Reaction score
I called Verizon on this (I paid $325 OTD for my Incredible) and asked them why they are screwing their customers, etc. They basically told me to go pound sand.
That's par for the course. The whole reason they offer discounts through authorized dealers like Wirefly is that it enables them to engage in aggressive price competition, but only among those small # of customers who are at risk, shopping around, willing to switch; while meanwhile continuing to charge a premium for all those millions who just walk into the store or call and say "I need a new phone, how much is it?"

But really, that works out best for us. They can't afford to offer prices like that to everybody. It would kill their profit. So I just order from wirefly and can walk down the street knowing I paid $200 less than the other guy.

scottzilla

Reaction score
That's par for the course. The whole reason they offer discounts through authorized dealers like Wirefly is that it enables them to engage in aggressive price competition, but only among those small # of customers who are at risk, shopping around, willing to switch; while meanwhile continuing to charge a premium for all those millions who just walk into the store or call and say "I need a new phone, how much is it?"

But really, that works out best for us. They can't afford to offer prices like that to everybody. It would kill their profit. So I just order from wirefly and can walk down the street knowing I paid $200 less than the other guy.

I agree. However, when you get caught it's time to man up. This is how I explained it to Verizon; you got caught by one of your customers so it's time to do the right thing. Nope-go pound sand.:)
I'm under the 30 days so I can return the device and shop elsewhere if I want but the deals do seem pointed towards new customers.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Most companies such as Wirefly, it is wise to read the fine print. A friend of mine was a day late paying her bill (which was normal through her provider to wait til the end the week) after taking a deal from one of these companies. Her next bill was close a 1000 dollars due to fees and penalties that were written in the fine print.

Wirefly

Reaction score
Most companies such as Wirefly, it is wise to read the fine print. A friend of mine was a day late paying her bill (which was normal through her provider to wait til the end the week) after taking a deal from one of these companies. Her next bill was close a 1000 dollars due to fees and penalties that were written in the fine print.
This is Terry from Wirefly. I've been watching this thread and just wanted to provide some clarification, because it seems that our terms of service are the subject of much mythology.

First of all, we don't bury any terms in fine print. The terms can be found here, and are also featured very prominently on our checkout page. In summary, Verizon pays Wirefly a commission that's tied to activating your rate plan (this commission is what funds the discounted price of the phone such as the free Droid Incredible). If Verizon reports to us that you deactivated your service, then you agree to repay that discount to Wirefly.

This absolutely cannot happen just because somebody was a day late paying their bill.

Does Verizon make mistakes? Sure. That's why, if Verizon reports a deactivation to us, we reach out to the customer to verify if Verizon's report is actually true. If it turns out that you are a happy, paying, Verizon customer, then we verify the information, apologize for your trouble, then turn around and take the dispute to Verizon.

Clearly some people think that Wirefly makes a profit from collecting fees. This is not in any way true. The only way Wirefly makes money is if you remain a Verizon Wireless customer. Our interests are 100% aligned.

Thanks. I've subscribed to the thread and would be very happy to answer any of your questions about Wirefly, our policies, our Satisfaction Guarantee, or Verizon service in general!

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Terry, It is good to know WireFly is not involved in such practices. I don't know which company it was that my friend went through but since then I have been very weary of 3rd party companies. I got kinda screwed with a 3rd party company and dishnetwork years ago and I never went through the 3rd party.

So please forgive me for putting WireFly in the mix.

I will keep it in mind when it is time for an upgrade :)

mick0212

Reaction score
I will be interested to see when (or if) Wirefly and other resellers offer the $15 data plan - and what impact it has on handset pricing. I'm about ready to make the move but would like the lower data cost since I'll probably use wifi 90% of the time for data. (and I already pay for hundreds of voice minutes I don't use each month)