Droid Incredible closed out

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kristoff, Gtfo of my internets. You're the reason ill never come back to this forum, or any other you participate in. Yes, you personally are the reason this site won't benefit from my insider knowledge and insight. Everyone thank kristoff!

Outtie 5k

You have 5 posts and own an Eris...

Be gone!

OhBeeWan

Reaction score
Set number of devices

Not discontinued; just limited
Verizon is focusing on LTE device development and has pretty much stopped approving CDMA smartphones. What ever Verizon initially contracted for, as far as the number of the HTC Incredible devices, will be delivered and I doubt any more devices will be manufactured after the initial contract amount has been fulfilled.

Nokia had 3 of their CDMA devices kicked from Verizon's product development list. Nok won't have any new CDMA Verizon devices for 2010, 2011, or 2012.

This is how it works in the North American market: the carriers dictate the market. They are the ones that tell the developers what features are necessary to which form factors that they want to see,and the functions the devices must have. This is not how it works in Europe as the developers there make new phones and then present them to consumers that can then go into the marketplace and choose a network for their device.

Folks, the Inc is NOT being discontinued. You folks actually believed this? Some of you that appear to have fallen for this have posted sensible things in the past.... too much beer has clouded your thinking, perhaps? ;)

Two tidbits:

1. Samsung screwed HTC over, since Samsung allocated their production capacity for the super OLED on their new devices. All manufacturers that use OLED have also been screwed. Suppies are just not being caught up, but there is a shipping lag to fill channels back up.

2. Verizon moved up the Motorola devices due to the shortage, since there is a HUGE gap now in the product segment and Verizon did not want to take a chance if another delay happened. Verizon pulled the trigger early and Motorola was MORE than happy to oblige.

Even so, the Inc will be a main device and has sold more than people may realize- in splite of the shortages.

Seriously, you all believed the Inc is already cut? Not a good plan for ROI if it were true. Jeesh.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Kristoff, Gtfo of my internets. You're the reason ill never come back to this forum, or any other you participate in. Yes, you personally are the reason this site won't benefit from my insider knowledge and insight. Everyone thank kristoff!

Outtie 5k

You have 5 posts and own an Eris...

Be gone!

That literally made me laugh out loud, my fiancée looked at me funny but I don't care, it was that funny.

OhBeeWan

Reaction score
Moto, a hodge-podge

Sorry Kristoff, you're full of, um, your opinion
Knowing the design trade-offs that went into the Moto Droid development I must say you're easily satisfied. The Moto Droid is indeed, crap-tacular. It doubles as a paper weight by the way.
Speaking from a design standpoint, the metal backing used in the Moto Droid was done to make up for weakness in the slider. It's way too heavy and lots of design ideas got tossed just to make sure clumsy fingered users wouldn't snap the screen off. The Inc is a very clean design (no need for metal backing) and provides a much more consistent UI than Moto's Droid does. I know one of Moto's UI developers and even he says the buttons (hardware and on-screen) behave inconsistently. Kristoff, I (and many others it seems) prefer the Inc; are you feeling insecure because you're sporting a paper weight/cell phone?

How about all the problems the phones have been plagued with?
The inc spies on your browser history, taking screenshots and saving them in a way a factory reset won't remove.
The evo falls apart, and the inc and evo are both very unresponsive at the top half.
We all forgot that the N1 is not meant to be kept in the pocket or the screen might just get a nice spiderweb crack in it?
Moto rocks the OMAP, HTC loves the crapdragon.
Moto is quality, HTC is high tech crap. That's why moto has "fanboys" we just like quality.

Guchi

Reaction score
the inc is not discontinued and is not going to be any sooner than the moto droid, most likely after I suspect. this whole issue was started because of a change with the packaging and addition of an sd card in the package with the device that required a new sku hence discontinuing the old sku

kristoff125

Reaction score
Knowing the design trade-offs that went into the Moto Droid development I must say you're easily satisfied. The Moto Droid is indeed, crap-tacular. It doubles as a paper weight by the way.
Speaking from a design standpoint, the metal backing used in the Moto Droid was done to make up for weakness in the slider. It's way too heavy and lots of design ideas got tossed just to make sure clumsy fingered users wouldn't snap the screen off. The Inc is a very clean design (no need for metal backing) and provides a much more consistent UI than Moto's Droid does. I know one of Moto's UI developers and even he says the buttons (hardware and on-screen) behave inconsistently. Kristoff, I (and many others it seems) prefer the Inc; are you feeling insecure because you're sporting a paper weight/cell phone?

The inc spies on your browser history, taking screenshots and saving them in a way a factory reset won't remove.
The evo falls apart, and the inc and evo are both very unresponsive at the top half.
We all forgot that the N1 is not meant to be kept in the pocket or the screen might just get a nice spiderweb crack in it?
Moto is quality, HTC is high tech crap. That's why moto has "fanboys" we just like quality.

Yougot me, I just wish my phone was made with plastic and had a crappy "sense UI" from a horrible company, figured me all out.
Also, I wish my phone randomly took screenshots of my browsing history, and was unresponsive on the top half, I just don't like quality, and am upset I got a moto instead of an HTC.

Guchi

Reaction score
the inc is not discontinued and is not going to be any sooner than the moto droid, most likely after I suspect. this whole issue was started because of a change with the packaging and addition of an sd card in the package with the device that required a new sku hence discontinuing the old sku

^^^ THIS..... :closed_2:

kristoff125

Reaction score

That's a shame, all HTC phones should be discontinued =(.

Guchi

Reaction score

That's a shame, all HTC phones should be discontinued =(.

i had the moto droid since launch in '09 and I have the incredible now since launch and i am going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there, ya. I find it superior in every way to my moto. i would not switch back for anything. but thats not what this thread is about so back to the quote at the top of this post, yep.

OhBeeWan

Reaction score
C'mon

Get real and give up sarcasm; you're bad at it.
You just feel envious 'cause you're sporting 4 y.o. technology; it's a paperweight, but otherwise a so-so device.
If you want to step off your talking points bandwagon we might have a great discussion, but when all you've got are snide remarks, and half-assed 'facts' well get nowhere.

Yougot me, I just wish my phone was made with plastic and had a crappy "sense UI" from a horrible company, figured me all out.
Also, I wish my phone randomly took screenshots of my browsing history, and was unresponsive on the top half, I just don't like quality, and am upset I got a moto instead of an HTC.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems a bit more reasonable to compare the Inc to the new Moto X instead of the original Droid. The Droid has been out for a long time now and has a keyboard. Based on the early reviews, the X is very sold, well built, and lacking that "plasticy" feel that some HTC phones are known for. Either way, it's good to have options. I will be choosing the X over the Inc, but again, that's based solely on my personal preferences. I want my phones to knock someone out if I throw it at them. Moto FTW!

zMd113

Reaction score
Wow! This forum is pretty divided, very sad. All the Apple fanboys are eating popcorn enjoying this crap going on.
It's like the Team Jacob vs Team other guy I don't know, I've never read the books or watched those movies, anyway you know what I mean.
I'm on team Incredible/HTC because anything made in the USA breaks.

J

Johnly

Wow! This forum is pretty divided, very sad. All the Apple fanboys are eating popcorn enjoying this crap going on.
It's like the Team Jacob vs Team other guy I don't know, I've never read the books or watched those movies, anyway you know what I mean.
nuff said......

funwheeldrive

Reaction score

Cant we all just be one big android family? dancedroid