Droid Incredible 2 Message problems

EmAhhLeighh

Reaction score
Okay so.. When I go to send a text message, it keeps saying "Message failed. Would you like to retry?" Eventually, after so many times, it says, "SMS problem. Code 64." Then the other number is 2. I don't know what it's called... I have service and WiFi on. And I even have 3G network.. It also says it can't find my time zone. I don't know what's happening... Help???

ABQNM

Reaction score
Did it suddenly start happening? The timezone thing and the text message issue combined lends itself to a network issue. Have you contacted Verizon? Could be network issues in your area.

ki3t1995

Reaction score
My Incredible 2 is brand new...and by brand new I mean that I just got it two days ago. This happens every time I try to text this one person I always get the error.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Do you have any special characters in your signature? They can cause messages to fail when sent to certain carriers.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

ki3t1995

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't have any signature on my Incredible 2. My friend who I am trying to text has AT&T. Noow I've only experienced this problem with this certain friends phone. I have many other contacts who have AT&T and at the messages go through to them. Any ideas as to why this happens with only this number?

ABQNM

Reaction score
Did either one of you just port your number from another carrier? That can cause temporary issues. Do you have another Verizon phone you can temporarily activate to see if it is the phone or the network?

ki3t1995

Reaction score
Well as I just switched phones, I do have another phone I could try this out on. Texting this person worked fine on the phone I had before my Incredible 2, but I do remember that my friend had broke their phone and gotten a new one about a week ago. As far as I know they stayed with the same carier with their new phone.

ABQNM

Reaction score
If it works on the old phone right now then I would suggest a factory reset of the incredible. It could be an app or something causing it. If it doesn't work on the old phone then it is a network issue or their phone. Good luck!

ki3t1995

Reaction score
All-

I have found a solution to this problem, at least for me. My issue was after linking my phone to Facebook, the Facebook app added the country code to each phone number. If you retype the phone number in a new section of the contact, you can get the message to sent and then it will always work after that.