1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Incredible 2 Gets Some Mod Action; Both CM7 and MIUI

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 6, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

A couple of days ago we shared with you that the Droid Incredible 2 would soon get CyanogenMod 7, and now it has. Along with that, you can also "hook it up" with MIUI, if you prefer. Crafty modders have pushed past its locked bootloader and now the Dinc2 joins a list of "classic" Android smartphones in modders' heaven. Below are some links to both mods, but make sure you pay careful attention to the instructions on rooting and flashing the new ROMs. No bricking your phone! ;)

Mod Sources: CM7 Wiki and MIUI

Source: IncredibleForum.com via Droid-Life
  2. Java

Java New Member

So do we see this happening for the Droid 3 and Droid Bionic as well (as they will most likely come out with locked bootloaders)? If so, how long does it usually take?

Sorry for going off topic ha
  3. Java

Java New Member

Oh and also (won't let me edit my post), what functionality does this give you? Is it the same as a completely unlocked phone? Or are there still restrictions? And if so, what?

Sorry, I don't know much about hacking phones
  4. pdroid

pdroid New Member

The phone comes with a locked bootloader, which can be unlocked.

As for functionality, I can't give you a short answer other than CyanogenMod is the premier after-market mod for Android devices - completely built from source with capabilities added that are missing from stock builds. Go to cyanogenmod.com to learn more.
Search tags for this page
dinc2

incredible 2 mods