Droid Includes FM Receiver and Transmitter

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tsaunders, Dec 14, 2009.

1. eldis

eldis New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I read somewhere that /system/lib/firmware is the place where bluetooth init scripts are loaded from in Android unless otherwise set in init.rc. I think that should be the correct directory. Also /lib/firmware was stated somewhere but I think that was older document.

The unlocated library seems to point to ALSA (some Linux sound system) by quick Googling. Looks like we are missing some library.

edit

Attached some ALSA files that were referenced in the fmapp or fm_stack. The asound.conf goes to /system/etc and alsa folder goes to /system/usr/share/ . Let's see if we can get any further with these added.

#61 eldis, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. soops

soops Member

Ratings:
    +2

Gotcha. I knew it's about wireless, just wasn't sure (until reading the link) that is faster than what the droid currently uses for wifi.

3. crdnilfan

crdnilfan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right idea, but I got the exact same error.

4. ska8r411

ska8r411 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you guys get this working then ill have a another reason I can tease my friends who have a :iphone:

5. eldis

eldis New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All right then.. looks like the libsound.so on the device is missing the function in question (snd_ctl_elem_value_get_enumerated). But the libaudio.so from the omapzoom compile has it. If someone is brave enough to rename that file on their device and copy attached file to /system/lib/ that could help.

Doing that could possibly disable all sounds on the device if that library isn't compatible with Droid. That should be revertable by copying the original back. I think anyone trying to get FM radio working should have full backup of the original files in case something goes wrong.

ps. I'm not sure we need the .bts files as the chip firmware could already be up-to-date but having those files on the device shouldn't hurt either.

6. xdxdaustinxdxd

Ratings:
    +0
    Downloading and testing now

7. Seawolf

Seawolf Member

Ratings:
    +1
    being able to transmit your MP3 signal through a FM frequency like most of the sat radios do would be nice

8. crdnilfan

crdnilfan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    renamed libaudio.so to libaudio.so.bak and replaced with the posted libaudio.so, system then failed to boot.

luckily even at the screen where you just see the moto icon, you can get an adb shell so I was able to rename libaudio.so.bak and reboot without having to do a nandroid restore.

9. rjr162

rjr162 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For those who don't know, ALSA is a sound library for Linux, just like OSS and PulseAudio. Literally it's like a sound driver type deal. In Linux you can get the bluetooth stack to transmit the audio coming from the ALSA stack, so you can feed the audio output to another bluetooth device rather than speakers. the ALSA stack its self wouldn't have anything to do with FM radio. Android may be using parts of the ALSA library stack for it's own use (speaker for speaker phone, speaker for music, the ear piece speaker for calls, etc) without all of the required libraries for ALSA its self to run. Just a little info from a long time Linux user :-]

10. sparticus

sparticus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What about combining the 2 lib keeping all the files that the Droid uses and adding the rest to it

11. onewing91

onewing91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Push to talk is the most annoying thing in the world, its lost its appeal completely to the public. The reason we dont have it is because unless you plan on working on a construction site or something similar, Push to talk is useless. If that is the case, Nextel and Sprint are right there...

No disrespect of course, but I hate Push to Talk.

12. hbah427

hbah427 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubble...but the :motdroidvert: does not have anything that can transmit normal FM frequencies, or receive them...

phoneWreck Motorola Droid Teardown Analysis!

Search tags for this page
android fm transmitter apk
android fm walkie talkie
fm microphone apk
fm transmitter android apk

fm transmitter apk

fm transmitter apk torrent
fm transmitter for android torrent
fm walkie talkie android
transmissor fm android apk
walkie talkie android offline