droid inc

wildride89

Reaction score
Why is verizon pushing the incredible so hard? I've been watching tv while doing homework and I've seen 2 commercials for the incredible and the one with the appsphere.

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I'm guessing they're about to stop selling the Droid Incredible, so they're trying to sell as many as they can now. Kinda like what they did with the Droid 1.

MrKleen

Reaction score
The Inc is a solid phone and they have a ton of them to unload.

With buy one get one free just imagine all the money they are going to make off data plans!

They don't care what phone you have as long as you have a data plan.

BleedingEdge

Reaction score
Sometime around August the availability of AMOLED display panels for the Inc went sideways and the supply chain stalled. A related shortage of displays held up the Droid X availablity. HTC had to do something so they switched to a new version of LCD instead of AMOLED. There's a rumor that HTC's source for AMOLED panels had to add/divert additional manufacturing resources to keep up with the demand for their new Android phone.
HTC was probably sitting on hundreds of thousands of Inc component sets complete - except for displays. So they change display vendors and wait for the testing, re-engeneering and driver changes to get done - all the while watching all of the new 1GHZ processor equipped phones hit the market. Then, to add fuel to the fire new benchmarking software comes out and everybody's posting benchmark comparison scores making the Inc look um... less than Inc. Finally the units get assembled and shipped but now since folks have been lusting for some of the newer models for the last few weeks, demand has cooled. So. What to do? Put it on sale and advertise the crap out it.

If the Incs sells through, you can bet there will be some hard partying at HTC.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about all the canceled back orders ? :) they gotta do something with them and if they can make some extra high profits in the process with their data plans, it's win/ win for Verizon

wified from my monolith using a slider keypad

BleedingEdge

Reaction score
Mountainbikermark -
I agree with you. HTC is probably the one feelin' this. It's probably worth it for them to cut their losses though and dump the units on VZW because they probably have models stacked up behind the Inc waiting for release. RE your back-order point, there's probably a lot of 30-day-window returns too, considering the timing on all of this...
Wish VZW would use this as an opportunity to sell refurbs and other reduced priced models to customers with currently existing plans at aggressive 'in-plan' prices.