DRoid IM

emscapt47

Reaction score
Ok i think there should be a Droid IM client just like Blackberry has...I wonder if we will ever get one or if someone could make one...hmmmm......:greendroid::reddroid::motdroidhoriz::motdroidvert:

pyro6128

Reaction score
haha sorry, I should have been more clear. But yea gtalk seems to be the closest thing we'll have to a bbm. But all bbm really is is an instant messaging app anyway. And with gtalk you can talk to people who are at computers using gchat as well. The only thing that's a bit frustrating for me is the my girlfriend is the only person I know as of now that uses gchat. Need more people to adopt it, or gtalk for that matter to really appreciate its awesomeness

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree that Google Talk will be our BBM on the Droid. However, compared to all the features of BBM, GT has a long way to go. No sound bites, no way to send a picture, etc. Yes, the nice thing is it's not just limited to your BB friends, anyone can use Google Talk whether on practically any smartphone or at the comfort of their computer at home.

alm0614

Reaction score
i have a few of my bb friends using gtalk. we love it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last time I used BBM there were problems with 5.0 specially with groups. It was causing the phone to reset and other issues.

Outside of the bar code scanner, which we have anyway what else did it offer?