Droid II Started Playing Music in the Middle of the Night

bfr57

Reaction score
This is my first post, and I am not a savvy cell phone user; have the basic stuff on our 2 year old Droid. It's done everything we've needed with no problems until recently. It'll just start playing a song (always the same one) out of nowhere. At 4 am this morning it brought my wife and I out of dead sleep, can't have that. Also, while the song is playing, it isn't shown in the music player at all; it's like a ghost song and we can't figure out how to stop it without turning off phone. If we let the song play out, no other song follows. We just use the music player that came with the phone and get some of the music from Droid Tunes. I just downloaded a song using the Droid tunes and as soon as it was done, this ghost song played. We use AVG free virus on the phone and it doesn't catch anything. Help! Please use laymen terms in your ideas as some of the posts I've read are written in a different language, if you know what I mean.......

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would get rid of the virus scanner. Also if anything is set automatically I would doublecheck and even disable those.

It's odd that not even the music player shows up. Could it be an alarm?