Droid & Howard Stern

CatsvsDogs

Reaction score
It is quite obvious that our droid's have brought many different walks of life together under one cause (if I may call it that). Where under any other circumstances we would not be conversing on as we do now. So I was wondering how many of the droider's out there are Stern fans? And maybe a story of how you came to listen to the show and any other comment's about the show. (yes there will be haters thats fine)

I am a bit of a newcomer but I started listening back after the super bowl (2004 I think) and Janet Jackson shocked the world by orchestrating her "wardrobe malfunction". That got the FCC all riled up and it was shortly after that I believe Howard was fined for saying something "indecent". So I was curious and there was a radio station out of Seattle that was broadcasting his show. I started listening and have been hooked ever since. So lets hear it, any other listeners?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I used to listen to him when he was on the air here in DC.....Way back when he used to be funny.....haven't done so in about 15 years

MADMAN66

Reaction score
I did everyday right up to the point he thought I would pay to listen... the show is good but not 9.99 a month good......

BWJunior

Reaction score
I used to listen to him when he was on the air here in DC.....Way back when he used to be funny.....haven't done so in about 15 years

If you haven't listened to him in 15 years, how do you know he's not funny now?

I re-connected with the Stern show when he went to satellite and enjoy it immensely but it is getting to the point where it seems he is on vacation more than he is live so I can see how those thinking about paying for Sirius just to listen to him would have the attitude of MADMAN66.

joeyspindler

Reaction score
I used to listen to Stern all the time. when he went to Sirus i didnt anymore, i already had a subscription to xm and wasnt about to give that company another sent even to listen to stern. I have reunited with the stern show recently since i got my droid. Now i listen to him daily through droid live and enjoy the fact that i dont have to pay for it. Just another reason the Droid has made my life a little more enjoyable.

rod

Reaction score
i listened back in 96, as soon as i got my license. over the next eight years, he was on on maybe 8 different local stations as he was pulled locally and all. i listened as much as i could. then, for christmas 2005, i had bought a sirius radio with a lifetime subscription for a girlfriend. before she opened the gift, i had dropped the girl and kept the radio. ive followed him religiously ever since.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Maybe my taste in what I listen to has matured....:icon_ banana:

noisufnoc

Reaction score
I'm listening to his show right now on Sirius. He's alright, but there are other shows on Sirius that I like better. Jason Ellis on Faction is much better than Stern.

scottl

Reaction score
I listen nearly every day.

I love the Stern show.

coondogg97

Reaction score

My thinking exactly. I will admit that Stern did start to lose his edge years ago. As he was going through the divorce I personally think he changed and the show wasn't as fun. Now that he is on Sirius he has a lot more control over his show and the show has really grown.

Glad I gave it a second chance.

OP
CatsvsDogs

CatsvsDogs

Reaction score
Yeah I do agree they do take alot of vacation time and that on top of only a 4 day work week. I do enjoy the tapes of his old stuff when they are gone. I guess that wouldn't really appeal to those of you who have been listening for ages since you have heard it already.

Yeah its a lot of "potty" humor, fart sounds, phony phone calls and wacky contests, but I find most of it real funny. It really makes my morning. I find he speaks his mind. There is nothing fake about him. I am a bit saddened for what Artie did to himself. I miss him on the show.

rod

Reaction score
im with ya catsvsdogs, i miss artie too. i think the only time i didnt really miss him was when gilbert was in studio. thats one funny dude.

"like a western"

Taylorstevens

Reaction score
I used to listen to Stern all the time. when he went to Sirus i didnt anymore, i already had a subscription to xm and wasnt about to give that company another sent even to listen to stern. I have reunited with the stern show recently since i got my droid. Now i listen to him daily through droid live and enjoy the fact that i dont have to pay for it. Just another reason the Droid has made my life a little more enjoyable.

What station is he on on Droid Live? Just downloaded it and I don't know where to look, Thanks!

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I listened to Stern very briefly a few years ago... he just didn't appeal to me. I listen to Mancow around here, I believe he is still syndicated, but does a morning gig on WLS from 9-11....

OP
CatsvsDogs

CatsvsDogs

Reaction score
im with ya catsvsdogs, i miss artie too. i think the only time i didnt really miss him was when gilbert was in studio. thats one funny dude.

"like a western"

I am wondering if they are even going to try to fill the seat before their contract is up. I don't see Artie coming back this year if ever, even if they did resign. Gilbert is definitely fun to have in.

What station is he on on Droid Live? Just downloaded it and I don't know where to look, Thanks!

Do a search for Howard 101.