Droid Hot Weather Questions

Vitticeps

Reaction score
The droid can handle some high heat. I use my droid as a music player when I work out. I start every workout with about 10 minutes in the dry sauna and finish my workout with about 15-20 minutes in the dry sauna. The temp in the sauna stays between 165 and 170. The phone gets too hot to hold but keeps on tickin without a hitch.

Not that this would ever be recommended but it is proof that the phone can handle heat without a meltdown. Keeping it in the trunk would probably be sufficient. The trunk doesn't get anywhere near as hot as the cabin. The main cabin in a car gets extremely hot because the windows magnify the sun's rays. The trunk will not get much hotter than the outside temperature.

I'm in Dallas as well and our summers usually stay over 100 for a couple of months and I've never had any issue leaving my previous phones in the trunk when I go to the lake.

Screwtape

Reaction score
I personally feel that you underesitmate your pants computer. I live in Florida, that's right, mostly 100 percent humidity right now, and for the next six months or so. To compound that, I work in a kitchen, the average temperature somewhere between 120 and 140 degrees during the storm season. See, as the humidity increases our hood system stops being as efficient and the temprature rises. Today it hovered around 130. Now, I've only had my droid for about two months but in that time it has acted as the primary sound system for our kitchen, which means it runs for nine to twelve hours, in the heat, pumping out enough sound to keep our crew moving even in the horrendous heat. I haven't had a hiccup yet. Perhaps its to soon and an issue will arise later, but so far, two months in the heat and humidity of a working kitchen haven't fazed my phone even the slightest. So feel free to take precautions but take comfort in the fact that these phones are meant to run, and they do.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I can tell you what the heat can do. I used to keep one of my other phones in my car or the tour pak of my bike while at work. I got it out to use it on break one day and it got so hot that the glue/adhesive holding the screen down had heated up. The second I touched the screen it oozed right to the middle of the screen. Phone instantly ruined. And we don't get nearly as hot out here on the right coast as you do.

Screwtape

Reaction score
Ouch! :icon_eek: I assume melty screen adhesive is covered under warranty. That's the first I've heard of it. I've actually been rather surprised by the Droid's ability to keep up on our line. Is there an official spec on how hot is to hot for your Droid phone?

sooperhooper

Reaction score
There's NO way I would go through all that. I'll see my phone when I get home.