Droid Holster?

Troy

Reaction score
When are they going to make a good holster? There's a few the verizon store had to offer, but I had some concerns with the phone falling out of them.

Shel

Reaction score
You should wait for seidioonline to release their holster.

They are a little more expensive, but they make the best cases, holsters and case/holster combos you can get!

They cases and holsters should be out in a week or two.

go to their website, seidioonline.com to check 'em out.

chefmartin812

Reaction score
HipCase

I bought a Digital Lifestyle Outfitters HipCase - Blackberry (PN 004-3023) and it fits the Droid and uses Velcro and made out of leather.
The salesman at Best Buy tried selling me several different magnetic flap holsters until I told him that it would activate the Dock.
The HipCase - Blackberry was the only Velcro one they had in stock.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Does OtterBox make cases for Verizon phones?

I wouldn't expect a true otterbox case on a slider phone with a capacitive touch screen. The design of this phone just doesn't make it likely. If they do, it won't provide waterproof housing, like others.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
When are they going to make a good holster? There's a few the verizon store had to offer, but I had some concerns with the phone falling out of them.

The Verizon Shell/Holster Combo is very secure. It has raised areas on the case that "lock" it in the holster and keep it secure. They call it "Advanced locking mechanism ". You never notice it when using it but it does keep it in place even during activity. Sure if you hang upside down and shake yourself it will start to come out, but other than that it will stay in place.

I did a review on the case/holster combo here.., there is also a nice YouTube Vid about this case/holster.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/4937-best-case-droid-post43567.html#post43567

Last edited:

myriad46

Reaction score
Definitely holding out for the Seidio. I had one for my Tilt for the last year and loved it. The clip is secure. Easy to put yout phone in and take it out. Cloth lined to protect your screen. Good belt clip, compared to "verizon" holsters that have snapped on me after a couple months.

Dommzyd

Reaction score
I use the body glove with the belt clip and I like it. A lot of people say it's too big and/or bulky, but since it's on my belt and not in my pocket I don't notice it much.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
The biggest problem I had with the Body Glove is it leaves the screen totally exposed and unprotected.

The Droid goes into the Shell/Holster screen inwards so it helps protect against hitting the screen, like dog claws from jumping 120lb dogs, flying logs from hydraulic log splitters etc. I literally had a 30" diameter log hit my holster when splitting wood last night to build my wife a romantic fire in the fireplace :) . Didn't even leave a mark..except on my shins :-(

soyboy

Reaction score
I have the Motorola holster from the Verizon store, it seems to be very secure. I only use it for those times when I don't want the phone it my pocket (like working around the house/cars etc.) because I am bending over a good bit or down on the ground (I lay on the side opposite the holster). Most of the time it is in my pocket and I plan on buying a sleeve as soon as Sena makes one specifically for the Droid.