Droid Holster compatability

mrnelson86

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a case that will fit while using this holster? Enter your location; if the link doesn't work, search verizonwireless website for MOTA855HOL and it should come up with a swivel holster
I really like the holster and bought the ZAGG invisibleshield full body, but am not thrilled with the shield, plus there's the fact that the battery cover keeps getting knocked off and I have had to search for it several times already...quite annoying...

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
You should consider the Verizon Shell(case)/Holster Combo, it is fantastic.

Concerning the battery cover it is a know issue on early units, take it to a V store or contact Moto for a new free cover.

Last edited:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
The thing I like about it is the spring mechanism. That one slides in, does it not?

Yes it slides in and out easily, BUT is very secure and will not come out on it's on... unless you hang upside down and shake all around ... sooo in other words, NO Monkey Sex while wearing this combo :)

Seriously, Verizon calls it an "Advanced Locking Mechanisum"... I call it engineered Friction.

So far in just the last week I have used it riding my Quad, working on and under cars, on ladders installing a new satellite dish, using a chainsaw and log splitter, ruff housing with my 120lb German Shepherd, hiking through the woods in thick underbrush that ocassionaly catch the holster and more, and and so far it hasn't come loose or out. Yet it is so simple and natural to grab it and pull it out without thinking about it, no catches, no flaps, no nothing to think about.

Last edited:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
is there one made yet that will allow the face out?

I am curious, why would you want the face out?

The screen is more protected facing in and the speaker is facing out so you can hear it better, AND when facing in you pull out the phone with thumb and forefinger and as you bring your hand up the screen is already facing towards you ready to use. Same thing when you holster it, one simple movment.

If the screen is facing out when you pull it out you have to rotate it for the screen to face you (and also to holster it), not very intuitive IMHO.

Last edited:

TheFOSS

Reaction score
is there one made yet that will allow the face out?

I am curious, why would you want the face out?

The screen is more protected facing in and the speaker is facing out so you can hear it better, AND when facing in you pull out the phone with thumb and forefinger and as you bring your hand up the screen is already facing towards you ready to use. Same thing when you holster it, one simple movment.

If the screen is facing out when you pull it out you have to rotate it for the screen to face you (and also to holster it), not very intuitive IMHO.

good point, but i guess i use mine a little different. I don't put it on my belt i slide it in my pocket with the clip on the edge of the pocket so it doesn't fall down, but is readily and easily available. As far as speaker, i use vibrate most of the time because of work environment. I've always done this with all my phones. The screen is protected in the pocket, and in one motion, when i pull it out of the pocket the screen is facing me ready to use, answer calls etc... much as you just explained but the opposite direction.

keiichi25

Reaction score
You should consider the Verizon Shell(case)/Holster Combo, it is fantastic.

Concerning the battery cover it is a know issue on early units, take it to a V store or contact Moto for a new free cover.

I have that holster, but I am probably going to return it, as I found something very inconvenient about it... It messes with the Car Dock, so you can't mount it. Looks like I have to go with my pocket or put it in a pouch holster.