Droid History?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by TxDoc, Nov 30, 2009.

1. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone know about when the phone was first rumored or discussed? And, how long from start to actually selling it? I had the same old phone for 6, or so years, and when the buttons quick working, I just took a leap and went with the Droid. I am very happy my old phone's buttons failed! :)
  2. n0cturne74

n0cturne74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Droid was originally called "Sholes". The first I saw of it was back in June when a few technology sites reported it was rumored to be the next Verizon phone. I followed it closely ever since until I got one. I'm not sure of it's history before that.

Edit: Here is an early article from July when the Sholes showed up on the Russian tech site Motofan http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/25989/motorola-sholes-arrives-from-russia
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  3. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That is pretty fast from first mention to actually selling it. Thanks for the article!
  4. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    of course the phone would have been in development for a few years before it was leaked into public (it didn't just materialize). remember word of Sholes while waiting for verizon to release samsung's omnia II. i pretty much dismissed Andoird up-front for the sheer fact that I've been able to use the same apps on my WinMo phone for the last 8 years, not to mention the lack of Outlook, a file browser, etc., etc.

the O2 kept getting pushed further and further back and eventually people were giving up on it ever coming out. for some reason, i decided to give up as well and I've never looked back.

i for one welcome our DROID overlords.
Search tags for this page
delete all history in a motorola xt926 cell phone
droid cell phone release history order

droid history

droid phones history
founder of droids
history of droid
history of the droid phone
the motorola droid history