1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid History?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by TxDoc, Nov 30, 2009.

1. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

Does anyone know about when the phone was first rumored or discussed? And, how long from start to actually selling it? I had the same old phone for 6, or so years, and when the buttons quick working, I just took a leap and went with the Droid. I am very happy my old phone's buttons failed! :)
  2. n0cturne74

n0cturne74 New Member

The Droid was originally called "Sholes". The first I saw of it was back in June when a few technology sites reported it was rumored to be the next Verizon phone. I followed it closely ever since until I got one. I'm not sure of it's history before that.

Edit: Here is an early article from July when the Sholes showed up on the Russian tech site Motofan http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/25989/motorola-sholes-arrives-from-russia
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  3. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

That is pretty fast from first mention to actually selling it. Thanks for the article!
  4. 640k

640k New Member

of course the phone would have been in development for a few years before it was leaked into public (it didn't just materialize). remember word of Sholes while waiting for verizon to release samsung's omnia II. i pretty much dismissed Andoird up-front for the sheer fact that I've been able to use the same apps on my WinMo phone for the last 8 years, not to mention the lack of Outlook, a file browser, etc., etc.

the O2 kept getting pushed further and further back and eventually people were giving up on it ever coming out. for some reason, i decided to give up as well and I've never looked back.

i for one welcome our DROID overlords.
Search tags for this page
delete all history in a motorola xt926 cell phone
droid cell phone release history order

droid history

droid phones history
founder of droids
history of droid
history of the droid phone
the motorola droid history