Droid help with notifications/search history

flyingdroid

Reaction score
Is there a way to customize the notifications -- I get a lot of email and only want notifications from important emails -- not every advertisment/spam type email.

Also, how do you clear the google search history? When I tap on the google bar, it has old searches. I've opened the browser and cleared history, cache, forms, everything -- and it is still in there? Any ideas?

Also, if you get a notification and check your email on another machine, is there a way to auto clear the notification -- so I don't have to delete the email and then also clear the notification on the phone?

this is getting annoying to do..haha...love the phone but I don't want to waste my life deleting notifications.

Oh one more quick question. I guess I'm using the facebook app that came on the phone -- is there one that has more functionality..like instead of news feed I can view status updates and also photos...without having to login to the direct site?

I have ebuddy and my update rates seem way sluggish -- it says people are still online an hour after they get off. I know my update rate on FB updates is an hour and I can't change that on the phone...does anyone know how to do this? It's grayed out and won't let me modify it....

Lots of questions but thanks for the time. Appreciate any input.
Cheers.

OP
F

flyingdroid

Reaction score
I figured out how to clear the search history. If you go to settings/search -- there is a "clear search shortcuts" - hit that...

The notifications are hit or miss depending on when they come in if it's before a sync cycle (I'm not sure how often it syncs). It is a bit annoying to delete from gmail on my computer and still have a notification on the phone but I'm sure they'll fix this soon or come up with something.

If anyone knows of anyway to synch more than one hour to facebook and knows anything about ebuddy and it's sync time and/or how to modify that, that would be helpful.
Oh, and if anyone knows how to not show you available when you frist logon to ebuddy, that would be nice too...

I should probably post each issue as a separate thread but....

dannydoes

Reaction score
Ok, but how about gmail search history? Where do they hide that? I've tried above but to no avail. :icon_frown:... whoops, nevermind. I found it. In gmail > settings > clear search history. Om... duh.

Last edited: