1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid HAS to send ringtones... HELP!?!

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by NastyNate08, Jan 13, 2010.

1. NastyNate08

NastyNate08 New Member

Ok,
    Update from last thread....

1) I have created some .mp3 ringtones with ringdroid and want to send them to my wife now.
    2) When we try to bluetooth our phones together they can't ever "sync" they only allow for contact cards to be sent, so I need to SMS these bad boys

A) I have tried HandCent SMS.... Biggest piece of crap ever, every file no matter if it was my Blackhawks wall paper, or ringtone was too large of a file for the program.

B) Astro can send them via Gmail and Bluetooth, well seeing as Bluetooth doesn't work... it is GMail or nothing, and that is no way the best method!

C) MY FRIGGIN LG EnV2 was able to send .mp3 ringtones VIA SMS.... how is the DROID! not able to do such a simple task!?!!?!!?

Someone has GOT to have put some effort in sending ringtones via SMS for this 3G MONSTER! SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE PEOPLE!!!
  2. DroidGurl

DroidGurl New Member

I do like this phone but there are some really basic things (like this) that are nearly impossible to do. I just posted about sending audio files via SMS (as well as organizing music and photos in the gallery) - will keep you posted if I learn anything.

vRecorder, on the Market, looks like you can record audio then send as SMS. If your ringtones are in the same directory could they be picked up by the program and sent too?
  3. ntrddragn

ntrddragn New Member

What kind of phone does your wife have?
  4. NastyNate08

NastyNate08 New Member

ummm.... A samsung, touch/slide thingamajobber..... The Rogue? Is that a type of phone?
  5. Neupy

Neupy New Member

I totally agree this is why im kickin myself for not doin my usual deep research before buying something this expensive. Its exactly the reason I didnt get an Iphone when they first came out because of the lack of mms.
  6. pdm0376

pdm0376 New Member

Glad I'm not the only one. I tried to send a tone to my wife last night via bluetooth and it said her phone couldn't receive unknown file. I'm seeing it was probably my phone that couldn't send it. She has the env3
  7. ntrddragn

ntrddragn New Member

im not sure if the samsung rogue can rename file and their extension but i guess for the meantime..you can rename your ringtone clip from .mp3 to .mp4. this way you fool handcent/ or phone into thinking its a video. and attached the file as a 'video' and send. when it arrived on the rogue, it ask to save the file (?), save the file and rename it to .mp3. again im not sure if the rogue will let you rename it since i never had it but its might be an alternative until this problem is solve. hope that helps.
  8. MrCapcom

MrCapcom New Member

I haven't tried it yet but before on my dare and every other phone i have used you had to send it in a mms and it had to be under 30 sec and under a certain amount of kilobytes and then once it goes to the receiver they go to save as ringtone or something depending on the phone.
  9. Mars

Mars New Member

first of all does the Rouge allow for Mp3 ringtone playback? and also is it able to mount the sd card (if applies) to a desktop? if all applies just save the ringtone you created to your desktop or laptap then transfer it to her phone that way
  10. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

Can't you just plug them both into a computer and drag and drop it to where you want?
  11. NastyNate08

NastyNate08 New Member

Yes,
    I can just dump my ringtone on the computer, then have her throw it on her SD card and go bout it that way...... but for REAL!!!!

For people other than my wife that method would be pointless
  12. Mars

Mars New Member

my point exactly...shouldn't make it harder than it is
  13. lockman

lockman New Member

I've had zero trouble so far doing this. I just open Handcent, pick who the lucky recipient is, push menu, hit attach. Select Ringdroid, then music. Pick the ringtone, OK,then send.
  14. ntrddragn

ntrddragn New Member

this thread got me curious about sending mp3 as ringtone on handcent but when i go to attach a file it only show the default audio that is on the droid not on my sd card. am i missing something here?

edited: lockman, i have ringdroid but dont see the ringdroid option when i hit attached.

nevermind...lockman.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  15. Jrocka

Jrocka New Member

the same thing happens with mine figure anything out yet
  16. geronimogman

geronimogman New Member

man i thought this plan was genious til i tried it, it turns out the person you send it to cant open it because of the resolution being to large which is ridiculous, and as for those of you having the handcent issues its because the file you are trying to send is more than 300 kb, thats the max, well 299 really but I hate handcent but looks like im going to have to convert...hope i helped
  17. eap369

eap369 New Member

hear me out

ever since i got the phone this is one of the problems ive encountered. there is no way that im aware of in sending the mp3 as mms. ive tried renaming them, making the size under 250kb just to see if that was the issue. i caled motorola and verizon and both have informed me its not an option which makes no sense when u can send a video which is a larger size. ive asked a verizon tech at a store who new everything i asked him and also informed me, if u select the audion file handcent gives u for audio which r the default ones, it still wont work, ive tried it. if someone has any info on how to please let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. geronimogman

geronimogman New Member

it showed my custom ringtones on my sd card because i have them in my ringtones folder on my droid, if u justt choose the use as ringtone option from music on ur phone im not sure it will do it, but mine show up fine its just sendin em that is a pain but handcent looks like its the winner. i allready switched cool led changing colors though, just such an ugly widget
  19. ntrddragn

ntrddragn New Member

that's odd...I tested sent on bb and another droid both received it. But only the droid was able to rename the extension the bb couldn't but it was still able to play it.
  20. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

I made a quick 5 second ringtone and saved it as a notification (like a TXT notification) and I tried to email it to an EnV-touch. I also tried renaming mp3 to mp4 and sending it as a text.

The phone stripped the attachment from the email, and there was no way to play it from the Multi-media she received.

I guess I'll have to DL Handcent.
Search tags for this page
how to bluetooth ringtones s3

how to send ringtones from galaxy s3

how to send ringtones from my android
ringdroid bluetooth s3
ringdroid only 15 seconds
s3 doesnt play ringtones through bluetooth?
send ringtone bluetooth android
transfer ringtones from android to samsung galaxy 4