Droid has slayed the iBeast!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BigTex71, Nov 6, 2009.

1. jbjtkbw00

jbjtkbw00 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fantastic post! I couldn't have said it any better. You just spoke what a lot of people really need to hear.

2. profuse101

profuse101 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well put souljerr I couln't agree more. I have a voyager for the past two years and I have gone through numerous refurbs so this phone has been my saving grace.

I just wanted this site to be a resource for Droid fans and prospective Droid owners alike, So to come to a forum and see a bunch of fanboydom taking place it it degrades the legitimacy of peoples reviews. None the less I agree it is fun/exciting/cool to finally have the droid in my hands. I wont be a debbie downer, my bad.

3. profuse101

profuse101 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having the same problem, it is quite annoying. did you just report it to a verizon rep over the phone?

Its things like this that cause me to reconsider this phone as an iphone killer/ best phone on the market etc

4. Spanky

Spanky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Droid is easily the best smartphone I've used/owned. I truly believe it'll eat into iphone's and blackberry's market share.

5. phoenixdroid

phoenixdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0

I am a complete smartphone novice. I upgraded from the EnV2. All I had used it for was calls, text and once looking up a movie and finding a Target store. So guess that makes me a dummy with a smartphone lol!:icon_ banana:

I will admit that for about the first 10 minutes I was entirely clueless. I had to read the book to figure out how to turn it on and make it do anything. (I then also downloaded the manual. No idea why they didnt ship the manual with the phone. Even my lowly EnV2 came with a nice slick book manual.)

So then I found the appstore. And I downloaded a couple apps. And was utterly clueless how to make them do anything lol! The big a-ha moment for me was figuring out the menu button and the whole touch vs flickr vs touch & hold. From there on out, it got a lot easier once I got the "logic" and the whole touch thing down.

Tho if you think about it, it basically is sort of like installing a new OS on your computer. Droid is basically a mini computer "of sorts" that can also make phone calls more than it is "just a phone". And I will tell you I figured out Droid much much much quicker than I figured out my HP printer and Vista. Now those are both evil.:icon_evil:

I won't say I am an expert yet by any means and hope to learn a lot from folks here. But I think the best thing Moto could do is include the user manual actually in the box for us noobs rather than making us hunt it down online.

I won't knock Droid for not being "stupid noob functional out of the box" at all. But hope other noob users can find the manual and forums like this and do their homework to be able to take full advantage of all things Droid.

6. cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll Member

Ratings:
    +0

what exactly is your issue in sleep/wake?

7. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Here is another (Non-Sal) Clip about that:

Enjoy!

#31 RinTinTigger, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  8. foolie

foolie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My friends usually run with dedicated Mp3 players since no phone can really compete with Cowon, Creative, Sony Walkmans' etc. SQ. That being said, my iPhone friends are definitely feeling the Droid, just being able to multitask already won them.