Droid has a 2nd noise cancellation mic!!!

ice456789

Reaction score
But it's not enabled. :mad:

Inside the unit, iSuppli found a 5MP camera set with heat actuated auto focus. A tri-band Qualcomm chipset supports CDMA/1X./Ev-Do, 850/1900/AWS (1700/2100Mhz used by small carriers like Cricket). Dual internal microphones for noise cancellation was found although no supporting audio codec was found to enable the feature.

OP
ice456789

ice456789

Reaction score
Maybe it will be enabled with 2.1 ???

But the bigger question if this is for real is where are the "holes" for these supposed mics?

Not too hard to find. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

mark1wat

Reaction score
Maybe it will be enabled with 2.1 ???

But the bigger question if this is for real is where are the "holes" for these supposed mics?

Not too hard to find. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port.
Yea, dissipating the heat produced by large energy reactors.:smile: lol

Aren't those about 2 meters...about the same size as a womp rat? I think some have taken care of those back home with a T-16. I find it hard to believe it has anything to do with my Droid.

pb8185

Reaction score
Make sure you don't get dust into it, it might cause a chain reaction that will cause your droid the explode...

BzB

Reaction score
I think the second mic is located on the back of the phone at the top near the headphone plug. The seidio case has a cut out for it.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I think the second mic is located on the back of the phone at the top near the headphone plug. The seidio case has a cut out for it.

You know, there is a small notch there (see pic), I never noticed it before until now. It is very small and there is something shiny inside...it just could be????
With the speaker on the the bottom that would be the optimum location for it (Note: Nexus has the speaker on the top and the 2nd mic(s) on the bottom).

1865d1263674060-droid-has-2nd-noise-cancellation-mic-droid-motorola-back-crop.png

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

You know, there is a small notch there (see pic), I never noticed it before until now. It is very small and there is something shiny inside...it just could be????
With the speaker on the the bottom that would be the optimum location for it (Note: Nexus has the speaker on the top and the 2nd mic(s) on the bottom).

1865d1263674060-droid-has-2nd-noise-cancellation-mic-droid-motorola-back-crop.png

LOL, haha so that's what it might be...I thought I was stupid and just damaged my droid or something. Didn't really think anything of it since it was so small. lol

mikes

Reaction score
Yes, that small opening provides an air path to the microphone. You can't see the mic, however, it's a bit lower in the case (that trim strip is a bit hollowed out in back so there's an air path).

You can see the mic in this pic:
Droid40.jpg
from phoneWreck. The mic is near the right side, brownish-grey, square, with some small white writing on it and a small hole.