Droid Hard cases that work with car kits

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by trowa, Apr 20, 2010.

1. trowa

trowa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried looking at most of the cases for sale on here but the pictures don't do justice. I have the Motorola car kit and I wonder is there a hard case or soft that I can use and still have it fit into the car kit? I dont want to get a case and take it off every time I get into my car.

Any ideas?

2. gardobus

gardobus Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know there are NONE that will fit into the car dock. The Motorola dock just fits too snug. :( I have the dock also and that is the main reason I don't have a case on my phone.

The best combo is the Seidio case / Seidio car dock / Seidio desk dock but since I bought my car/desk docks before I figured that out, I don't want to spend more money. lol

3. trowa

trowa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm well if Seidio makes a case that fits into their own docks I might consider buying them. My phone is constantly in my car dock while driving and at work sits in the moto desk dock.

4. Sweet Kitten Feet

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a whole thread on the sedio car dock. Read ALL of it before purchasing. It has not been getting good reviews. That saddened me because I got their case and desk cradle to use and had planned on getting the car dock.

With the bad reviews I've moved to the otterbox case and got a generic bracketron holder. I'm modding it a little so the grippers don't press the buttons, but that's what I will be using.

5. gardobus

gardobus Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I've heard good things about their cases and car/desk docks. I think you can even get them in a bundle for cheaper but I'm not sure.

Edit: oh they have been getting BAD reviews!? Last I read (a while ago) they were saying good things. :( nevermind then

6. Sweet Kitten Feet

Ratings:
    +0
    only the car dock has been getting bad reviews. And being seidio I'm sure they're fixing it. I'm just not willing to wait.

Their other stuff I have has been great. Not knocking Seidio, just the car dock which i hope will be fixed soon.

7. mek_man

mek_man New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed the Seidio desk dock in my car... looks beautiful.. Check out a picture here.. no problems and its way cheaper than the Seidio car dock.

mek_man Blog Archive powering my dockā€¦