Droid Ham Radio Operators?

nb2a

Reaction score
Do you really think hams that are usually cheapskates will pay for the app?dancedroid

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know enough about the DX Cluster app to know if I really want to buy it for $2.49. Does it show if they are LoTW users or can you add spots to it. Those really aren't listed in the description.

As for the EchoLink app....I helped beta test it and I can attest it's a really nice Droid version of the app. I hear from some that it's better than the iPhone version.

W5AER

Reaction score
Hi OM's,

Just found this forum last night and have to jump in. I've been licensed since 1960 and held numerous calls. I bought my LG Ally about a month ago and I am fascinated with the apps that are available. The EchoLink app seems to work great, and I say that because I am new to the operation. I am presently off the air due to a recent move back to New England and the lack of antennas. My recent activity was mainly on digital modes with a little SSB rag chewing thrown in, down in the Houston area.

I am not sure that everything on this forum will apply to me with my Ally, but I am sure the ham app info will be great.

Art W5AER
Near Hartford, CT

snowman

Reaction score
Welcome you found a really good place , bunch of really nice folks and great info here.
Were really glad to have you.
I'm a little South of you in Southern Va. right on the Blue Ridge Parkway

w7psk

Reaction score
As my nym says .. Scotty W7PSK. Been a ham since 77.

Id like to find an app if there is such a thing to run PSK or JT65 off of my home computer from the droid :).

I cant bring a personal laptop to work but I could certainly have the droid running in the back ground HI.

Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington

nexusnrg

Reaction score
Hello all... Been licensed since 1988. Call is K5OP ex-KB5FSV. I just got on the droid a couple of weeks ago. Bought the Droid 3, changed over from blackberry. I'm member of Magnolia DX Association in MS. Into OSCARs, HF, VHF/UHF DXing, PSK etc.