Droid Ham Radio Operators?

KI4MYN

Reaction score
They have already released an EchoLink iPhone application I hope they get one for the Droid soon I really want it.

Harrybub

Reaction score
They have already released an EchoLink iPhone application I hope they get one for the Droid soon I really want it.

OK, I gotta know. Are those possums on your shoulder? :blink::D

HB

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would love to see EchoLink on the Droid!!!!!!!!

snowman

Reaction score
KI4MYN, thats just cool thanks enjoyed the video very much
Bob-N9IWJ

n3vqh

Reaction score
N3VQH here... also found this app for those into sats. Hamsatdroid haven't tried it on any passes yet but at least it functions..

Kind of disappointed in the number of Ham apps for Android... the iPhone has quite a number of them... hard to show off my Droid to Ham friends when it can't do a lot of the ham apps yet..

Mike

KI4MYN

Reaction score
KI4MYN, thats just cool thanks enjoyed the video very much
Bob-N9IWJ

Glad you liked it we have over 10 videos of them on there. Here in the States they are known as Sugar Gliders but in their native country they are more commonly known as Possums.

If "PhoneMyPC" also did Sound then you could use it to access all of your PC Ham Applications from your Droid Phone and we would all be set. But you would have to have a dedicated Online PC at home or where ever always online to access. "PhoneMyPC" is still in Bata and hopefully sound will be included in the final release.

73's

R. A. Capell

kb3awq

Reaction score
According to the echolink website it doesnt look as if they are doing another version for other smart phones anytime soon. I would think someone out can do it, its just the matter of finding the person. I have the droid with verizon that i just got on Saturday and I would like the app for echolink to be on my phone also. Anyone know how to make these programs?

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
According to the echolink website it doesnt look as if they are doing another version for other smart phones anytime soon. I would think someone out can do it, its just the matter of finding the person. I have the droid with verizon that i just got on Saturday and I would like the app for echolink to be on my phone also. Anyone know how to make these programs?
John, I certainly wouldn't know who could develop an EchoLink app for the Droid, but sure wish it was. I'm sure someone would need permission from the author in order to even try. If you ever catch wind that it is in the works, please let me know. I just read your profile and looks like you're pretty active. I just moved to Lancaster Co. from Butler Co. last year. So, we're not too far apart. Besides VHF, are you ever on the HF bands? I'm an active contester in the winter, not serious contesting, but mostly trying to get my Worked All States using LOTW on different bands. Just since I set up my station here in August, I've got my LOTW Mixed WAS and also CW WAS.

73 - Scott

daevans315

Reaction score
Ham radio operator here.. KC9GPS.
I was able to get control of my IC-7000 via Ham Radio deluxe running on my XP machine via RDP. I sent the audio off the XP machine via SipGate to google voice and back to my phone.
Not really practical, but it worked. There was about a 2 second delay in the audio and of course you have to be on WIFI with the Droid to get a voice and data connection running at the same time. And HRD is NOT setup for touch or a tiny screen but I made one QSO on 80M just to prove that I could do it.

I've been looking for a APRS app for the droid and talked to a couple of people that are looking at it but no beta's even out there yet.

kb3awq

Reaction score
Just VHF/UHF is all I have besides echolink on W3AHS-R that I have also. If there is a app maker person out there K1RFD.com would get them to the creator of echolink.

John, I certainly wouldn't know who could develop an EchoLink app for the Droid, but sure wish it was. I'm sure someone would need permission from the author in order to even try. If you ever catch wind that it is in the works, please let me know. I just read your profile and looks like you're pretty active. I just moved to Lancaster Co. from Butler Co. last year. So, we're not too far apart. Besides VHF, are you ever on the HF bands? I'm an active contester in the winter, not serious contesting, but mostly trying to get my Worked All States using LOTW on different bands. Just since I set up my station here in August, I've got my LOTW Mixed WAS and also CW WAS.

73 - Scott

jbr13

Reaction score
Hello all, N3YUG here. I haven't been very active in the last 5 years, but maybe again soon. I would think a Logger program would be nice for mobile operators.

73s
Jason

Tomoid

Reaction score
Hi.. My call is KB8HEA. I have used phonemypc on my Droid to control my Kenwood TS440S with HamRadioDeluxe and control my antenna rotor.
On Fri nights at 9:00 EST on 28.450mhz our local club hosts the Johnny Appleseed net. Check out our clubs website at www.w8cca.org

Tomoid

Reaction score
One other thing I just thought of is you can listen to the Amateur Radio Newsline to catch up on the latest ham news.

n3vqh

Reaction score
There are also a good number of Ham Radio related podcasts. I use DoggCatcher to download them and listen to them at work...

73's
Mike
N3VQH