Droid Gripes?

mitchb2

Reaction score
Last night I realized I wasn't getting any notifications, email, Woot-off, etc. But the Droid wasn't locked up or anything. I rebooted it and got a flood of notifications.

I don't like that one bit.

UltimateX

Reaction score
Here are my gripes.
- Home screen does not rotate unless you open the keyboard.
- Need multi-touch zoom.
- Camera could be better.
- Email, no way to select multiple recipients from contacts, does have auto-complete atleast.
- Needs a junk email filter for POP3 accounts.
- Standard photo gallery does not work with swipe for next image.
- Does not support Ford Sync system for text messaging.
- Calendar some times displays event with just a block and no text. (inconsistent)

Most of these are minor, and overall I am very happy with the phone. Hopefully the next OS upgrade with resolve many of these issues.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The home screen will auto rotate if you add a home screen replacement. I use pandahome and it works great

Here are my gripes.
- Home screen does not rotate unless you open the keyboard.
- Need multi-touch zoom.
- Camera could be better.
- Email, no way to select multiple recipients from contacts, does have auto-complete atleast.
- Needs a junk email filter for POP3 accounts.
- Standard photo gallery does not work with swipe for next image.
- Does not support Ford Sync system for text messaging.
- Calendar some times displays event with just a block and no text. (inconsistent)

Most of these are minor, and overall I am very happy with the phone. Hopefully the next OS upgrade with resolve many of these issues.

dannydoes

Reaction score
Keyboard sucks, it must have bumps on the keys so you can feel the center. The letters are off center which throws you off. My env2 which has a smaller keyboard was infallable. I could type without looking at it because I could feel the keys. Top row is too close to ledge. Motorola are you hearing me!!!! FAIL!

No way to close programs. You should have an X just like windows programs. I don't care if it may or may not use resources, or if they are written properly, it "shouldn't drain. Fact is some do drain, or cause other issues. Why is this even a question? Can anyone tell me a benefit? If I want it to run in the background I'll use the _ or minimize. Just like in windows.

Bad frame rate and flakey scrolling. It's pretty good, and the closest to the iphone yet, but why can't it be as elegant as the iphone. My homescreen is like 3 frames a second, and i only have two widgets on it. and about 10 shortcuts. Same with the applications tab. Man is it slow. Where is all that processor power going?

Flakey system. I've had only one hard crash where I had to pull the battery, but Ive only had the phone a week. I've never had a phone that crashes while just sitting idle. Boooo!

Camera blows. Pictures are fuzzy, white balance is often a miss, and the picture viewer is just plain weak. Should swipe for next image, not these flakey arrows that are so hit and miss.

Vibrate should be stronger, I can barely feel it.

Without a dedicated call button, it's too hard to get to the phone part of the phone. 5 click minimum driving through menus just to redial someone already in you call log.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
1.) Top row is too close to ledge.
2.) No way to close programs.
3.) Camera blows. <Known Issue--I Think--Fix Coming>
4.) Vibrate should be stronger, I can barely feel it.
5.) Without a dedicated call button, it's too hard to get to the phone part of the phone.

+1

- Mega

NVash

Reaction score
Nowhere to put any cell phone straps.
Nowhere to put a signature at the end of a txt.
No way to have one ringtone for each person.

Im also annoyed at the camera but when it gets it right man it gets it right. I took a few pics recently, most were trash but a few were downright amazing. Hopefully after this update all of them will be like that. I think a lot of my other gripes would probably be fixed once I learn how to use the phone. Im learning new things every day.

dannydoes

Reaction score
Hey NVASH, I can solve 2 of yer gripes...

You can assign individual rings per contact...Go to the contact, then hit the options key (4lines on the bottom of the phone) then you can set an individual ring tone.

You can do a signature after each text, though I don't know why you would... if you use a app called handcent sms. Which is really cool. Super customizable, can make it look like iPhone bubbles or like droid default, can speak to text... etc.

Slighter

Reaction score
Here's My gripe: there seems to be a lot of sniveling and whining about petty issues. Don't like it you get 30 days to take it back. An awful lot of the glass is half full attitude imho.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of sniveling and whining about petty issues...

Agreed.

However, in just a v2.0 release, I've already abandoned WinMobile and haven't given iPhone a second thought. I'd say they are on the right track--especially since my Devs (who are iPhone users) are jealous of my DROID.

To Google: Listen to the feedback & the consumer--a winning combo for the future of the platform IMHO.

- Mega

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know this is supposed to be a "google experience" phone but I really wish motorola would have made some kind of social networking widgets. Didn't they make the whole "Blur" UI thing for their Moto Cliq phone? Atleast give us the choice to choose which UI we want to use isn't that what android is about?

Other than that, the soft keyboard freak out on me a lot. Sometimes the screen is laggy/smoothness of the rendering in the browser isn't quite up to par.

It's the little things that bother me at this point, but nevertheless I LOVE my phone! I think the unpolished/diamond in the rough quality of the phone is one of the reasons I got excited about it though. But I do hope they do polish it up and make it a true "diamond" or else I'm gonna start thinking I bought a piece of charcoal.

bkberger

Reaction score
How about the lack of true spell check on emails (for both physical and onscreen emails), has anyone found a fix for that yet?..as a former bberry user, that is a killer