Droid GPS

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Morning to all my fellow Droids,

So, I am new to the Droid family, have only had mine about 2 weeks now. So, I used google maps this morning for the first time. It was using the GPS to track my travels. Can anyone tell me if this costs me extra. I have the data plan but didn't buy anything additional. So, if I use an app that utilizes GPS, and that app turns on the GPS, do I get a billed extra? Thanks (oh, Verizon is my carrier):icon_ banana:

As it relates specifically to the GPS being on, the is no charge for GPS. However, keep in mind that using Google Maps does use your data plan. As long as it is an unlimited data plan then the answer is no.

smilepak

Reaction score
I have to say Google Nav is the best. It might not have all the slick features like the other guys but it does have

1) Navigation with Traffic (but it doesn't auto recalc based upon traffic condition changes)
2) It is free from annual or monthly fee
3) It is free from retail software fee
4)

hlaalu

Reaction score

So, I am new to the Droid family, have only had mine about 2 weeks now. So, I used google maps this morning for the first time. It was using the GPS to track my travels. Can anyone tell me if this costs me extra. I have the data plan but didn't buy anything additional. So, if I use an app that utilizes GPS, and that app turns on the GPS, do I get a billed extra? Thanks (oh, Verizon is my carrier):icon_ banana:

As it relates specifically to the GPS being on, the is no charge for GPS. However, keep in mind that using Google Maps does use your data plan. As long as it is an unlimited data plan then the answer is no.

aren't all the data plans for smart phones unlimited? i hope so or i'll be getting a huge bill this month lol

edit: just checked online i have unlimited. i have verizon too, so if you are paying $29.99/month then it's safe to say you probably have an unlimited data plan too.

Last edited: