droid gps volume WAY louder than music player while attached to car speakers

duffybduffy2

Reaction score
Just got a droid, finally!!!! I had a few questions....

1) Is there any way to control the gps and the music player volumes, they are both media volume, independently from one another?

or another theoretical solution possibly...

2) Also, I noticed that when I drag and dropped my music albums into the droid, they were all at fairly different volume levels, certain albums actually were about the same volume as the gps voice, so when she chimed in to tell me to take a left it was not overwhelming. I know my albums sound uniform in volume on my ipod, because itunes normalizes the sound. Can i drag and drop to droid from itunes, or is there a third party sound normalizer i should be looking into?

Thank you all so much!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
they are both volumes independent of each other. I've never used the gps while playing music since I got an mp3 for that, but since they are different software with it's own volume.

as for your music, i noticed the same too. Could have to do with the volume of the file?

khaf

Reaction score
Actually while using navigation if you use volume control it will show navigation volum. Ill check on trying to normalize music

oops someone got to it before me

Last edited:
OP
D

duffybduffy2

Reaction score
thanks

i don't know why gps was showing media volume adjustments before. It seems to be working just fine now, thanks guys!