Droid GPS = problem

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by skyer, Jul 3, 2011.

1. skyer

skyer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good day!
    Recently I purchase Moto Droid. I live in Uzbekistan. We have only one cdma operator Perfectum Mobile so I was connected in. I have GPA15 and LV 800mhz kernel from Peter Alfonso on my droid. I go to the roof of my house and turn on gpstest app, and began to wait. As result is Droid see up to 9 satellites, signal strength SNR up 41. But in use 0 satellites after 10 min. and more waiting... :(
    What can I do? need help. How can I fix? Maybe in some files location is USA because of that problems with GPS? Please give constructive advices. Thank you.

2. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    I suppose you could try downloading "Faster Fix" and setting the location to somewhere closer to you.

3. skyer

skyer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice Plan. I am going to the roof. I hope it will work.

4. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Any luck?...

5. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Use GPS Status to clear your aGPS data and try again.

6. skyer

skyer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    syndicate0017 I would like give you a hearty hug! Your advice is works! Dear syndicate0017 and Dear takeshi Welcome to Uzbekistan I'll cook plov (national food) for You. Thank you guys.
    So what happened:
    I downloaded faster fix and I was not happy because there is not Uzbekistan in the list. I choose custom and type Uzbekistan and press go.
    I go up to the roof and turn on the gps test and gps status and nothing... in view 5-8 satellites, in use 0. I feel blue.
    A lamp was switched on upon my head (like in cartoons:) I go to setings->wireless & networks->mobile networks and mark data enabled (it was switched off cause INTERNET traffic expensive).
    then start gps test and gps status. just in case by the advice of takeshi I cleared agps data. And Oh miracle in view 10 satellites in use 8!!! I was so happy then almost felt down from the roof. Now to get lost will be a little bit hard for me. So now I'm gonna help to some mapmaking project.

Search tags for this page

gps in use 0

gps status gps in use 0

gps test in view in use 0

motorola droid x gps problem