Droid going back to Verizon because of defect

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mkzbdroid, Apr 21, 2010.

1. mkzbdroid

mkzbdroid New Member

So I just got off the phone with Verizon and they are sending me another brand new phone since this current device has a headphone jack defect. Im excited to get a new one but im worried about sending this one back. I am comfortable with switching roms etc, but I cannot seem to find an actual 2.1 file for my droid that has been untouched or something verizon would consider stock...I dont want to return this one and have them say something like the OS isnt native and try to bill me for it....does someone have some experience in this situation that could point me in the right direction?
  2. kwatch

kwatch Member

Try this.
    Droid 2.0.1 sbf file released!
  3. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Just restore using sbf. Then youll have no problems.

Also, you wont be getting a new phone. Just a refurb.
  4. mkzbdroid

mkzbdroid New Member

cool

yea sounds good ill try it, and ty for telling me its a refurb, soon as I saw your post I called verizon and told them to ship me a new one, they were originally saying no and I told them either ship me a NEW phone or get shipped out for ATT since I was in 30 days...so they mailed two phones. lmao
    see I love this site now I learn so much more from here than thinking verizon will let me know....they are so sneaky! either way I woulda payed ETFs
  5. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

If you have rom manager...there is a 2.01 rom that will take it back to stock. Under the stock images...it is on the free version.