Droid/Gmail calendar time zone differences?

Robbygizzle

Reaction score
I live in Arizona which for whatever reason does not observe daylight savings time. So when times changed over weekend, my gmail calendar updated to proper time, and my appointments/work times etc. on my driod changed to an hour earlier. Tried changing to different time zones in phone and in gmail calendar. Cannot figure out how to get them both set to proper setting and have them displaying the same time. Has anyone run across this problem. Does this happen if you travel with phone and it automatically switches time on phone, which would change your appointment times to local time. i.e. enter appointment in at home for 10:00 am meeting in N.Y. Fly to N.Y. and appointment displays as 1:00pm. It is moving appointment time in calendar with the time zone phone is in. If this thread is confusing its because I am!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I live in Arizona which for whatever reason does not observe daylight savings time. So when times changed over weekend, my gmail calendar updated to proper time, and my appointments/work times etc. on my driod changed to an hour earlier. Tried changing to different time zones in phone and in gmail calendar. Cannot figure out how to get them both set to proper setting and have them displaying the same time. Has anyone run across this problem. Does this happen if you travel with phone and it automatically switches time on phone, which would change your appointment times to local time. i.e. enter appointment in at home for 10:00 am meeting in N.Y. Fly to N.Y. and appointment displays as 1:00pm. It is moving appointment time in calendar with the time zone phone is in. If this thread is confusing its because I am!!

Arizona is a bit of a problem state because of the Daylight Savings Time thing. :) I'm not sure what to tell you to do about time, but if you look at your google calendar on line and go to settings you will see a place where you can set up for your time zone.:) Select Mountain Time - Arizona and that should take care of your calendar issues. Your time shouldn't change in your calendar as you move from area to area.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Arizona is a bit of a problem state because of the Daylight Savings Time thing. :) I'm not sure what to tell you to do about time, but if you look at your google calendar on line and go to settings you will see a place where you can set up for your time zone.:) Select Mountain Time - Arizona and that should take care of your calendar issues. Your time shouldn't change in your calendar as you move from area to area.

Robbygizzle - I live in Arizona and have found that setting my Droid to Automatic (in Settings > Date & time) is the best resolution. Even though 'Arizona' was a choice in the 'Select time zone' list, it kept reverting to Mountain Standard time, which is a whole different ball game, but Automatic retains the correct time. Try that.

And Hook, Arizona isn't a problem when it comes to the weather! :) So far it's 70 degrees and sunny - supposed to hit 75 this afternoon!

ellatony

Reaction score
I live in Az and have the same problem. Got my google calander on the right times, but my droid still has them an hour earlier. Tried changing to Arizona time under setting, but does not solve the problem. Doesn't solve the problem if under settings, I set it to automatic. If I input a new appointment in my google calander, it continues to show an hour earlier on the droid. No real problems before this. Very frustrating, cannot get them to sinc correctly. Please, if anyone knows the "trick". :)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I live in Az and have the same problem. Got my google calander on the right times, but my droid still has them an hour earlier. Tried changing to Arizona time under setting, but does not solve the problem. Doesn't solve the problem if under settings, I set it to automatic. If I input a new appointment in my google calander, it continues to show an hour earlier on the droid. No real problems before this. Very frustrating, cannot get them to sinc correctly. Please, if anyone knows the "trick". :)

I don't use gmail or its calendar at all (Exchange accounts here), so never had to touch settings in there. I just wanted the phone to remain on the correct time with the DST rollover on Saturday night - and it did. Sorry I can't be of more help to you. Good luck!

ellatony

Reaction score
My solution was to put my droid and google calander on Arizona for timezone, and reset all my appointment times to the correct times (hour later). Annoying but it worked. Praying this does not happen in October with DST again. The droid and calander are now in sinc again. What a mess!!!!!

OP
R

Robbygizzle

Reaction score
Thanks for all replies. Work at firestation, three of us all having same issue. We use Az setting and it bumps everything back one hour. Main problem is our schedules we know years in advance and have been put in. Lot of changing to "start" over. We also wondered if we waited until October when its switches back, then make changes. We didn't have problem until Sunday? Anyone comes up with anything please post. I think Indiana is in same boat. Someone has to have fix. Thanks