Droid Global 2

desjohnson24

Reaction score
I absolutely love my phone, but I get no battery life out of it at all, I let the phone die completely and charge it over night, turn it on when I get up in the morning which is around 8, I do the normal, talking, texting...I don't hardly ever get to play games because I am in class till at least 4, my wi-fi is off my gps is off, I do have 3 email accounts, which usually recieve together 10 emails a day, my backlight is set to the lowest setting...is there anyway of getting more life out of my battery. It usually dies after being off of the charger for 10 hours

bmking24

Reaction score
Hows it going? I have a couple questions for you...... are you rooted? If so, what rom/kernel
are you running?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
D

desjohnson24

Reaction score
how do i figure that out, an to my knowledge i dont think i rooted

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I absolutely love my phone, but I get no battery life out of it at all, I let the phone die completely and charge it over night, turn it on when I get up in the morning which is around 8, I do the normal, talking, texting...I don't hardly ever get to play games because I am in class till at least 4, my wi-fi is off my gps is off, I do have 3 email accounts, which usually recieve together 10 emails a day, my backlight is set to the lowest setting...is there anyway of getting more life out of my battery. It usually dies after being off of the charger for 10 hours
Well, yes, maybe.... Bear in mind that 10 hours of actual use from a smartphone is nothing to sneeze at...especially with all that these can do today.

But, there are a few things you can do, such as:

1) Go into Settings--->Battery--->Nightime Saver Mode..this is actually IMO a better setting than Maximum Saver, a tleast on my Droid X.

2) Your 3 e-mail accounts, do they sync on their own? What type of schedule? Sync only over WiFi or over 3G as well?

3) What type of signal reception do you have, Great, Good, Lousy or 2 Soup Cans and some String? If your signal reception is Low, your phone will work harder trying to stay connected and trying to bounce between stronger towers. If signal is really bad, but a free WiFi connection is available, switch the WiFi on and keep it on until you are in a better 3G area.

4) Do you have any Social Widgets, RSS Feed Widgets, Weather Widgets or any other Widgets/Apps that like to update themselves regularly? If so, what are the refresh times for each? Can you set them to only update on a Manual Push? If not, then set the frequency to the longest permissible timeframe for your ease of use and lifestyle.

Thats basically all my "tricks" that I utilize to keep my Droid X going for upwards of 17-20 hours on any given day....I hope they might help you as well...

Post back with your answers and im sure you will get some more advice/suggestions...

OP
D

desjohnson24

Reaction score
* Phone is on nighttime saver mode already
* Only 1 of the three email accounts syncs automatically
* Signal reception is good, I do have wi fi at my house, I use it often, but I will try to leave it on all the time
* I do have some kind of weather widget, that was already on the phone when I got it, so I am sure it does update frequently other then that I have a task killer which I use probably 10-15 times a day
* I have other applications, like games, metal detector, nfl mobile, music boz pro, ringtone, scanner radio, talking tom, tikl, and yellowbook
other then that it is only the apps that came on the phone, i have only had the phone for about a month now, and i was orignally a blackberry user, and it just seemed like my battery on my blackberry never died, never the less i like this phone a whole lot more, it does way more then my blackberry could ever do, it just the battery kills me...

patfactorx

Reaction score
uninstall Skype, freeze Motoblur apps you aren't using and underclock when ur screen is off. mine has better life than my Droid 1

nateccnn

Reaction score
Don't use the task killer unhless your phone becomes sluggish and unresponsive. And then, only kill apps that you don't use often. The phone is going to use more power firing those apps back up than you will ever save by killing them.

Set your email sync to sync every 15 minutes. Active sync consumes battery weather mails is downloaded or not.

Uninstall any of those apps you dont use regularly. I am paranoid. I think they run some silly background service to update their ads that kills battery. I don't have any uneccesary apps on my phone.

But as said above. 10 hours is actually pretty good for a smartphone.

Nate

NJnewdroider

Reaction score
I just purchased the Droid 2 Global and was told that I'd get about 11 hours of battery life. I purchased the extended battery and can get through about 20 hours of life. Hope that helps.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I just purchased the Droid 2 Global and was told that I'd get about 11 hours of battery life. I purchased the extended battery and can get through about 20 hours of life. Hope that helps.

I got the extened battery and Im rooted. I get about 24 hours normal usage. :icon_ banana: