Droid Global 2 (2.3.4) Extended Battery Problems

glentek

Reaction score
Deleted

Sorry. I'm new here and I posted this to the wrong forum.

Last edited:
OP
G

glentek

Reaction score
I bought a (cheap) BP7X-style 1800 mAh extended battery for my Droid Global 2. I can charge the battery with an external charger. When I install the battery in my phone it powers up OK. Problem 1 - the battery level indicator at the top is grey and has a question mark. Problem 2 - Settings/About Phone/Status always shows 100% up to the final instant the battery is drained. Problem 3 - When the battery has just been installed, the phone goes into "Cool Down" mode and only allows "emergency" calls. A power down/up seems to correct this (until the next time the battery is reinstalled). Problem 4 - Connecting to computer using USB cable causes phone to power down.

Other than that, the new battery works great! LOL.

Using my original BP6X battery, the above problems do not occur.

Can you guys help guide me through this?

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
glentek said:
I bought a (cheap) BP7X-style 1800 mAh extended battery for my Droid Global 2. I can charge the battery with an external charger. When I install the battery in my phone it powers up OK. Problem 1 - the battery level indicator at the top is grey and has a question mark. Problem 2 - Settings/About Phone/Status always shows 100% up to the final instant the battery is drained. Problem 3 - When the battery has just been installed, the phone goes into "Cool Down" mode and only allows "emergency" calls. A power down/up seems to correct this (until the next time the battery is reinstalled). Problem 4 - Connecting to computer using USB cable causes phone to power down.

Other than that, the new battery works great! LOL.

Using my original BP6X battery, the above problems do not occur.

Can you guys help guide me through this?
Moto added in features to make non-oem batteries to be unreadable by the system. I don't know if there were ever any fixes made to get around it.