Droid getting hot all of a sudden

GreenAcid

Reaction score
So Over the last few days, I've been noticing my droid has been getting REALLY warm. I'm not sure what's causing this, Usually I notice it when I'm browsing the market. but today I was sending texts to my friend, and it warmed up pretty fast.

The thing that's weird is, It's not warming up on the battery. It's warming up in the sector above that (Where it says Powered by Google). I've had my phone since Feb 1st, and it's not rooted or anything.

Current list of stuff i have, and mind you I do have ATM and use it often.

Open Home (max screens)
Beautiful Widgets
Lock Screen 2.0
Better Keyboard
Lock Out Virus Protection

I have a slew of widgets running, FB, Twitter, Google Buzz, Last FM. the default droid music, etc. but this is new. I haven't really downloaded anything that would make it run so hot either.

I don't have it rooted (Never have) and i don't have mods. and I'm not running 2.1 (Would rather wait then do it myself).

anyone with similar stuff happening? suggestions on what to do?

beneharris

Reaction score
its just your cpu heating up. i can't imagine that on a stock phone you could do anything to get it dangerously warm. you should check to see how often your wigets are updating, and all that, and depending on how long you leave the screen on, the cpu will heat up

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
its just your cpu heating up. i can't imagine that on a stock phone you could do anything to get it dangerously warm. you should check to see how often your wigets are updating, and all that, and depending on how long you leave the screen on, the cpu will heat up

How do I check to see how often my widgets are updating?