Droid GB Kernels

groovydeus

Reaction score
Pete has just released a new version of his kernels. I am (for the last couple of hours) running the 1.25GHz SV and everything seems to be running well.

Peter Alfonso

Wondering if anyone else is using and what your impressions are?

MrLane

Reaction score
good find.. I am dowloading and installing 1.25 lv right now dancedroid

trying a different one 1.25 lv no go with my droid :/

lasted a lil longer on my droid @ a lower voltage...
going back to deprimed_test kernel its been flawless for me on the last few builds

Last edited:

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
good find.. I am dowloading and installing 1.25 lv right now dancedroid

trying a different one 1.25 lv no go with my droid :/

lasted a lil longer on my droid @ a lower voltage...
going back to koush's deprimed_test kernel its been flawless for me on the last few builds

Whoa, I am pretty sure that has zero to do with koush.
Prime is the guy behind it, I believe he said he has been working on kernels for over ten years.
He used the stock OG kernel as his base/source.
I am almost positive, from reading many of Prime's posts, that to put it mildly, he is not a fan of koush on a personal level.
I think that is one of the main or only reasons that one of Prime's kernels isn't the CM7 stock included. Also why he will never put it up on Rom Manager.

Not trying to stir anything up, but to avoid that, as Prime has been dealing with a lot of crap that life has thrown his way recently, yet he had still been cranking out great updates. I wanted to correct it before word got to him. His plate is full enough without this.

Also not trying to knock you, Lane. Please don't take offense to the correction.

From the law offices of danceswithbongs, esq.

MrLane

Reaction score
Ok see that was my own ignorance I had no idea I had just heard it referenced the other way when I downloaded it. Since it is prime and you say he has been cranking out updates do you happen to have a link since the one I am using is ages old. and I will fix my OP

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Actually the best thing would be to mention that his kernel has its own thread.
It is here on DF in this custom ROM forum in the sub forum for cyanogen.
I think the thread is titled Deprimed Test Kernel...break it if you can.
The first two posts are the most important. See he has three different kernels: primed, deprimed and reprimed. Deprimed is the one he currently works on.
But you also need to download the correct milestone overclock app. He modified them so each kernel uses a different version of the app.
Then the second post deals with all the scripts and how to set your kernel up with your own options like voltages and slot clock speed and updating the kernel by running a command that will download and install the update.
Special zip files to flash, so that everything is already set up if you use certain apps that normally require some user steps to get them to work. Like for the app Link2sd, when flashing his zip it removes from the init.d folder the scripts that would make the app unusable and inserts scripts, so you don't have to do everything to get your ext partition to mount correctly.

So perhaps a link to the thread itself, mentioning that reading the first 2 posts will make the experience pleasurable. Here ya go, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod/127262-kernel-deprimed_test-break-if-you-can.html