Droid Game Pad - Game Gripper

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by GameGripper, Apr 13, 2010.

1. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

Hmmmm well touche'

But with the market he's getting with these it could be a future thing...like a revision
  2. Tekmazter

Tekmazter New Member

I have one of the original black w/green buttons.

A great tip for everyone. When I play I tend to move around the rubber gripper. When this happens and as I'm mashing away on the buttons I end up hitting the search and <enter button here> which enables the shortcut buttons like Email, Yahoo, Contacts, Music etc...

If you have the same issue, I recommend turning off the shortcut keys in the Settings --> Applications --> Quick Launch. It makes a HUGE difference!
  3. solar

solar Member

Thanks for the interesting story GameGripper. I was kind of wondering how this idea came to be as well. I received my game gripper last week as well (Black w/ green translucent buttons). It works well, and I don't have much slide, but I think the extra grip would be handy. Man, you make me feel like a lazy turd, coming up with this idea, planning it out, making it happen. and I mean that as a complement! :wink:

I'm satified with my game gripper. Thanks!
  4. ohioDroid

ohioDroid New Member

I got my Game Gripper a few days ago. I actually ordered it before that X-Box style one appeared on here, but I made a request on the button scheme and it's paid off pretty well...

I don't know if mine is one of the newer 'less slip' models. I know that it slipped for me one time - I was holding the down arrow a little hard and pushed it down. But now I make sure to just be careful with my button pressing, and I grip the sides of the Droid and it works out well.

The thing that may make it slide less is that the Game Gripper appears to be slightly shorter than the Droid keyboard is, so it makes a snug fit. I'd take a picture of that, but my Droid is my camera and it would be kind of difficult to do...
  5. jrp

jrp New Member

got mine saturday, works great. pulling off special moves in SF Alpha 2 is not bad at all.
  6. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Are one set of buttons to be used it with the SNES emulator and the second set with the NES emulator?
  7. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

there for whatever you want to set the buttons to.
  8. ohioDroid

ohioDroid New Member

I've got mine set up in the SNES emulator so everything is mapped how it should be (and the two extra buttons in the middle are save/load) and same idea in the NES emulator, except the 'X and Y' are turbo A and B.
  9. JhankG

JhankG New Member

I'm just having a hard time coming up with a comfortable setup. For the NES Emulator, you only need to set up an A & B button (and the directional pad), right?
  10. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

A b select start anD the d pad, you have the option of the Turbo buttons too, its really not. That hard to setup
  11. JhankG

JhankG New Member

I never said it was hard, I said I was having a hard time coming up with a comfortable setup. Reading is fundamental. ;-)
  12. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

Bah, worded that wrong haha, im supposed to be working but on my phone instead :p my apologies
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
  13. ohioDroid

ohioDroid New Member

At first I felt like the top two buttons on the right should be A and B, due to the way they line up with the DPAD, which is very similar to the original game boy (and probably other game controllers), however I quickly got used to the bottom two buttons on the right being A and B, and the top two being turbo. It feels easier to reach turbo that way.
  14. 86mcss

86mcss New Member

Got my game gripper a couple weeks ago and it is a great product! I highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking about getting one.
  15. PolyOlefin

PolyOlefin New Member

I had a little problem with my d-pad feeling "mushy", instead of the satisfying *click* as with the other buttons. I popped it out of the rubber mold and it turned out there was some plastic flash hanging off one of the d-pad pegs, so I used a nail file to shave it off.

Just a heads up, in case other people are experiencing the same thing.
  16. mpax9

mpax9 New Member

Ordered one about a week ago - truly love it!

Excellent product sir, and great marketing (this forum).
  17. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

I got mine a few weeks ago. I haven't had more than a couple hours of play with it, but I love it. Really simple way to do what many were trying to over engineer.

I did notice that it felt like it wanted to slide off everyonce in a while, but I still give it 5 stars.
Search tags for this page
game gripper android

game gripper droid 3

game gripper droid 4
motorola droid 4 game gripper