Droid Game Pad - Game Gripper

Diordna

Reaction score
Should work fine with the case. You see how the product is structured? It's flexible, made out of rubbery material which kind of just goes on the keyboard, but I don't see to much of a problem with thin enough cases. At the worst it wouldn't be as good as a naked droid (like mine) but anythings better than playing emulators on the droid now so who cares!

teddyw02

Reaction score
Thought I'd let you know whomever is wondering, I got my game gripper last night(shipped really quick btw) and I love it so far. I was curious about its functionality with the Seidio Innocase and unfortunately you will need to remove the bottom half to use it. Yes it is very flexible but the extra width causes the gripper to bow out from the keyboard. :(

teddyw02

Reaction score
As far as use of the Game Gripper without the case (I don't mind removing the case so much. Totally worth it), it works really well. I had been playing Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NESoid and always was getting myself killed by missing the buttons or not being quick enough with the droids d-pad, but now I mostly only die when i do the same dumb stuff I used to do on the original Nintendo.
Pros:
Feels and plays a lot like a controller
Improves game play dramatically
Reasonable Price
Quick Shipping
Cons:
There is occasional slippage of the gripper however it is rare
Not currently compatible for use with the Seidio case
It is a concern of mine (and is disclaimed by seller) that it can cause additional wear on keys used by the GG, as the buttons are plastic and I always have had a tendency to push buttons harder than they need to be pushed

hypura

Reaction score
And now that I know for certain that the Game Gripper does not fit with the Seidio case, I ask:

Will you (the OP) make custom fitted Game Grippers for those that prefer having a case (preferable Seidio)?

Please let me know, I'd surely buy one for myself if there will be custom fitted grippers and I'm sure others would too.

Smeech

Reaction score
Thought I'd let you know whomever is wondering, I got my game gripper last night(shipped really quick btw) and I love it so far. I was curious about its functionality with the Seidio Innocase and unfortunately you will need to remove the bottom half to use it. Yes it is very flexible but the extra width causes the gripper to bow out from the keyboard. :(

That was exactly what I was afraid of. I really appreciate you testing that, I don't know if I'd want to take the case off every time.. more of a chance to wear out the case (stretch it out) or break the tabs..

So, +1 for one compatible with the seido..

teddyw02

Reaction score
I think I'd probably order a second one if it were designed to work with my case on. As it is for me, it's still worth taking the case off to use because i like it so much but not having to would be a huge bonus.

Kenny007

Reaction score

.....crap.

Beanfire

Reaction score

Ok, I ordered one so I will hopefully know soon enough but if you have a dremel, couldn't you just dremel a bit off the insides being very careful and make it fit that way??? Just a thought...:greendroid:

Logan3824

Reaction score

Ok, I ordered one so I will hopefully know soon enough but if you have a dremel, couldn't you just dremel a bit off the insides being very careful and make it fit that way??? Just a thought...:greendroid:

I ordered mine as well, its on its way :):) I don't mind taking off the case...It's a big pro that I can actually play games easy now!

Kenny007

Reaction score

I was pondering the same thing. I may try something as drastic once mine arrives. I am still excited to see it, though a bit disappointed to hear this slim case is still enough to get in the way.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm subscribing to this thread because I would love to find a way to make the gripper work with a Seidio case still on.

td854

Reaction score
Mine's in the mail. Black with blue buttons, I'll take pictures or something once I get it. I don't have a Seidio case though.

teddyw02

Reaction score
I tried again, leaving the case on when i used the game gripper (basically had to hold it down to get it somewhat flush), however it was playable for maybe 20 seconds before it started missing the keys. I just took the case off, not worth it. I feel like you could take some off the sides of the game gripper like you were talking about but it would lose its ability to stay in place unless you did a REALLY good job. Part of what makes it work so well is how it stays in place when you use it because it relies on matching up with the keys. Let me know how that goes if you give it a try.

td854

Reaction score
Just got my game gripper in the mail, thought I'd share some pics.

td854-albums-game-gripper-picture1152-gg1.jpg
td854-albums-game-gripper-picture1155-gg4.jpg

td854-albums-game-gripper-picture1153-gg2.jpg
td854-albums-game-gripper-picture1154-gg3.jpg

Main part is made of very flexible black rubber, buttons are made of hard plastic. The only gripe I have about it is the fact that you really really have to keep your hands tight around the sides or it will move all over the place while using it. Other than that it works great, even for diagonal movements. As you can see in the third picture when I first got it either side would come up off the droid but I just bend it the other way a few times and it seemed to help.