droid freezing

grizzleyman

Reaction score
Droid freezing during video play. Takes forever to load a video. I am running 2.2 and it says my system is currently up to date. Is there a fix for this or am I stuck with this problem ? :motdroidvert:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid freezing during video play. Takes forever to load a video. I am running 2.2 and it says my system is currently up to date. Is there a fix for this or am I stuck with this problem ? :motdroidvert:

You're never stuck with a problem. Go through the basics first, remove any task killers or antivirus you may be running. If that doesn't work then do a factory data reset on your Droid. Some people consider it a pain, I don't necessarily feel that way. Yes you do have to log into everything again and you lose your unpaid apps, but your paid apps will be in the downloads section of the Market. You can try backing up your unpaid apps by using MyBackupPro and see if that doesn't save your free apps. Contacts and calendar are backed up by Google.

Give it a try and good luck.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

You can go to a factory Verizon store and have them reflash 2.2 for you. Or you can do this:

Written by PhoenixGTR on DF:

Try this:
https://android.clients.google.com/p...-ota-50454.zip
It's the official full install for FRG22D (don't worry about the security certificate thing; it's Google's server; it always does that.
Manual install instructions :

1)rename downloaded file update.zip and move to directory /sdcard using a file manager (make sure you have file extensions showing; Note: update.zip.zip won't work)
2) Turn your phone off.
3)Boot into recovery (Press Power then press X; when you seen the phone is turning on you can let go of Power but keep holding X)..
4) Wait for a triangle with exclamation point to appear and release X.
5) Press the volume up button and hold and quickly press the camera button and hold. Recovery console will appear.
6) Using the D-Pad select “apply update.zip”; . Let the update proceed. When it's complete, use D-Pad to select reboot phone.