1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid freaks out with custom roms

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by glynch, May 19, 2010.

1. glynch

glynch New Member

This is a weird problem. The other day my droid started freaking out. The screen would move around and be unresponsive, notification bar would open and move around and the four buttons at the bottom would stop working. There was no water damage and the unit is clean. I was getting set to call verizon, so I went back to stock and upgraded to the OTA 2.1. Everything seemed to be fine then. So I figured I would follow these directions:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

Still no problems. So I loaded BBv1 and after a few minutes it started happening again. Restored my SP backup back to stock 2.1 and everything was fine. Do any of you brilliant people:) have any ideas?
  2. littlerick

littlerick New Member

did you overclock, if so, what speed?
  3. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

Did this happen with just the ROM installed or did you flash an overclocking kernel also?
  4. glynch

glynch New Member

Figured it out

Thanks for your responses!!!

I was using the stock kernal that comes with BBv1 and not overclocking.

I decided to try to reinstall again this morning. Before I installed I went into the partitions menu within nandroid and wiped boot, system, data and cache this time. Installed BBv1 again and everything seemed to be fine.

In the past I always installed my "core" apps right away after re-flashing. This time I installed one app at a time and verified my droid was functioning properly after each. Everything was fine until I installed Astro file manager. The same problems started, removed and problems GONE!!!dancedroid

I couldn't remember if there was an update the other day when this all started happening, but man.....one app can make your device spit pea soup!