Droid Freaking Out!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Well, I still have insurance on it, but of course there is the deductible to deal with...I have used nothing but OEM chargers for it. I've been messing with it for almost an hour and still nothing...I guess it's time to look at craigslist...

Reaction score
Well, good news for me. I was going to file a claim through Asurion and they had mentioned that if sounded more like a defect with the device and transferred me to Verizon, sure enough it was still covered by my extended warranty. So no deductible and I'm receiving my phone Monday afternoon. According to what they said that I would be receiving a Droid. I suppose we'll see which one arrives, it's not a big deal because I'll have a new phone in December.

thumper300zx

Reaction score
Well, good news for me. I was going to file a claim through Asurion and they had mentioned that if sounded more like a defect with the device and transferred me to Verizon, sure enough it was still covered by my extended warranty. So no deductible and I'm receiving my phone Monday afternoon. According to what they said that I would be receiving a Droid. I suppose we'll see which one arrives, it's not a big deal because I'll have a new phone in December.

Not necessarily just a reply to you, but overall -- mine has been doing much the same. Reboot fixes for me -- but I'm up for new phone at end of this month. So...going that route for ultimate fix.

alsheppard

Reaction score
bad charger

If this problem was caused by using an off brand charger how do you cure it. Let the battery go completely dead and start over with the correct charger?

helluvaman

Reaction score
The same thing was happening to me for weeks. Before I tried the, "lob at the wall and watch it shatter" trick, I decided to put a hair dryer on his, full heat, full blast for 15 minutes. After I came back, it was extremely hot to the touch (make sure you take the battery out). I also had the slide open... I let it cool down, rebooted, no problems ever since...

Mine was definitely a water issue....