Droid Forums Upgrade

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for their assistance and patience with me, especially the administrators and the moderators.

With IE8, the first password reset did not work, it was the 2nd one that worked.

I took JohnDroids advice and downloaded CCCleaner. After running CCCleaner I am now able to access the site in Chrome.

I apologize for being 'testy'.

Bob

No worries! We're here to help :)

I got locked out last night myself so I know what everyone is going through. Luckily I think we've resolved the issue and I hope that we can continue to improve the situation.

THE DROIDESS

Reaction score
REMILK,

I feel your frustration with IE8. I upgraded from IE7 to IE8 and i lost all ability to log onto the internet. I somehow was able to log on using AOL and I saw an offer for Google Chrome and I downloaded and everything was fine.

After much reading about FireFox, I downloaded and I prefer FireFox with faster page downloads. I still use both. I will never use IE8 again. No thanks, Microsoft.

With FireFox and Google, you are not subject to the brutal virus attacks. Good Luck and happy to see your problem is solved.

bassjason

Reaction score
I've cleared cookies 5 times now, still nothing on firefox. Guess I'm stuck on IE till I figure it out. :frown:

JLB09

Reaction score
I reset password 2 times deleted all cookies, history and saved passwords still did nothing then finally had to uncheck preserve favorties data then reset my password again which finally worked

I did everything it said for Firefox and finally gave up and was able to get on with IE. I may never be able to use Firefox again for this site, strange as I have never had such a proiblem before.

cuskit

Reaction score
I've got to tell you, this is the biggest grief I've ever encountered on a forum site! I've gone crazy - done everything mentioned. It works fine. Leave the computer, come back an hour or so later - bam! Locked out again! I'm wearing out my keyboard I've done this so many times! Firefox just keeps breaking down with it! I'm on Safari now (which I hate) and I am able to log in. But I want FF! Are we going to get this fixed eventually? It's not just a cookie problem - it's a recurring problem here. I've gone through the routine several times, but the success lasts only for a while, then for no reason starts again.

mikey

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got to tell you, this is the biggest grief I've ever encountered on a forum site! I've gone crazy - done everything mentioned. It works fine. Leave the computer, come back an hour or so later - bam! Locked out again! I'm wearing out my keyboard I've done this so many times! Firefox just keeps breaking down with it! I'm on Safari now (which I hate) and I am able to log in. But I want FF! Are we going to get this fixed eventually? It's not just a cookie problem - it's a recurring problem here. I've gone through the routine several times, but the success lasts only for a while, then for no reason starts again.

mikey

also make sure you delete stored passwords for this site... that's what did the trick for me, along with clearing cookies and site preferences...

tools --> options --> security --> saved passwords

delete any entries for droidforums.net

J

JohnDroid

Just updated the steps I had to take to fix Chrome... deleted cookies 6 times to no avail, then had to clear other stuff from Chrome as well and voila.

For Chrome Users: I just tested this in Chrome and deleted cookies 5 times with no fix. However, once I followed these steps, it worked:
Open Chrome to a Blank Tab
Go to Preferences -> Under the Hood
Show Cookies & Website Permissions
Type in the website name (droidforums.net, or what have you)
Only the cookies for droidforums.net will come up, Delete All
Close the Delete Cookies Tab
Go to "Personal Stuff" Tab
Click on "Clear Browsing Data"
Check every Box except "Clear Saved Passwords"
Make sure to set "Clear Data From This Period" to Everything
Close Down Chrome Completely (Quit out, don't just close the window)
That fixed it for me.

alitke

Reaction score
Google Chrome really requires you to run CC cleaner to ensure it is alright. I have been able to log in twice only to have it kick me out the next time. You really need to run CC Cleaner.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that are having an issue still, please try it again in the browsers that weren't working. I think we may have it fixed :)

cuskit

Reaction score
For those that are having an issue still, please try it again in the browsers that weren't working. I think we may have it fixed :)

Yippie! I was able to log into FF just now without going through that whole routine again! Geez, I hope it lasts this time. I just hate using Safari!

Thanks a lot danDroid! You are the MAN! :) :) :) mikey

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
awesome, keep reporting in this thread and let us know how its working for ya.

JLB09

Reaction score

You might have fixed it as I am now able to log in with Firefox and on my end I had stopped trying and figured I would just use IE8. But now I tried Firefox and it worked great.

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dan is the man! It's working now on all my browsers as well.

Please let us know if you're having any issues as we're here to help :)

NVash

Reaction score
Mine wouldnt let me sign in even with the Reset password. But apparently it lets me sign in with my old one. I have no idea how that works.